“Third year we've been back!”
Review of Pleasant View Inn

Pleasant View Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Misquamicut
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We love this unpretentious ocean-front property. Our anniversary falls the first week of June, so we take advantage of the pre-season rates. This year we opted for the stay-for-three, get-one-night-free special. It was perfect! We always choose ocean-view rooms so that we can sit on the--admittedly small--balcony or lie on the bed and see/hear the waves, though anyone on the property can opt for one of the many ocean-side lounge chairs and benefit from the same atmosphere. Although there are two ocean-view restaurants, we often eat on one of the small tables just outside. Though this outside eating area is not open until lunch, you can order a "to go" breakfast from the indoor menu and savor the early-morning sunshine. My older brother and his girlfriend often stay some of the same days in June, and we love spending time with them. Additionally, I've given overnight stays as a gift to my son and his wife--particularly during the October specials rate days. It's not a deluxe hotel by any means (some of the rooms are on the small side, and a few of the bathrooms are downright miniscule), but the staff is friendly, the food is good, and the location is perfect for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: Always ask for a second-or-third-floor ocean-view room. First floor rooms have limisted views. Talk...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathi04

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Wasn't sure what to expect based on some of the reviews I read, but this place was recommended by a co-worker so we stuck with it. We paid more to be "on the beach" and a private beach at that since that's why we went and were very glad we did.

View was great. Food was great. The place seemed bigger than the other hotels on the beach in the area to me. The beach was great. I was expecting a typical "rocky" New England sand, but it really wasn't and the sand was actually pretty nice. It did shrink a little once the tide came in, but it was still way better than the insanely crowded public beach. You needed to go down a steep metal staircase to get from the hotel down to the beach, but my 6 year old (and some smaller kids) did it quickly and with no problem so it wasn't too bad, but maybe a little tough for someone elderly or handicapped in some way. You can bring drinks (or food) down to the beach from the bar in a plastic cup if you choose or bring a cooler. We stayed way after check out and were able to shower and dress in a changing area they had. Seemed a little dark and dingy, but it really wasn't too bad and it definitely served the purpose before the drive home.

The pool itself was very nice, but it was heated and was a little too hot. There was an ice cream vending machine there that the kids liked.

We made a reservation for dinner in the main dining room, but once we found out it was the same menu in the DR, the bar and outdoors, we switched to an outdoor table and liked it so much we had lunch in the same spot. We all liked the Dinner and the lunch we ate there.

Room was small for a Family of 4 and a little dated, but not bad and about the norm for an Inn in New England. The mattress seemed new, but the bed was much too soft for us and if we weren't so tired from being on the beach all day it may have been a problem. Only real drawback was that we upgraded to a ocean view balcony room (and paid plenty for it). The plan was to sit out and have a glass of wine and relax once the kids fell asleep and the view was incredible. Unfortunately the room we were in had a huge spotlight mounted next to it to light up the beach. This made the balcony much too "buggy", so we didn't even sit out there. It seemed only a couple of the 3rd floor rooms had the light, but since we upgraded at the last minute I guess we drew the short straw.

All in all we left hoping to come back soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jarntt
Reviewed June 13, 2011

After seeing advertisements for the Pleasant View Inn, a family-owned oceanfront establishment near Westerly, Rhode Island for several years now, we had the chance to break away and spend two nights in a lovely little room with "pleasant" oceanfront views. This inn, established over 40 years ago, is well run and though the rooms are quite standard as far as amenities go, they have the needed items of clean, plush towels, lots of soap and comfy bed. The TV was a bit far for viewing but, alas, I think that has more to do with my eyes than the television placement. :-) The restaurant in the inn is superb...again with lovely views, but more importantly with fabulous food. We were so impressed with the first evening's meal we chose to not even "go out" to another restaurant but try more items on their menu. We were glad we did. The complimentary coffee early in the a.m. more than makes up for no coffeemakers in the room. All 'n all this was a wonderful experience for a few days "ocean-fix" I so need from time to time! If it wasn't so far from our home I'm sure we'd go back more often.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Graciegreeting
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I did not stay at this hotel, my wife and I took the kids there for dinner. It was fantastic. I love seafood and I have had Seafood Fra Diavolo at many restaurants but this one was the best I have ever had! Words can't explain, they say it is their "chefs specialty" and man is it ever. We are going back in 2011 and I am getting it again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Snowmobile2098
Reviewed October 15, 2010

While the view of the ocean from a small balcony off our room was spectacular, the room itself was less than appealing. The carpet was damp, there was no phone, no clock, the bath mat was not something you'd want to step on, never mind take a shower standing on. The hallways leading to the room were dimly lit and the door to the room seemed flimsy. There is a bar that served decent drinks - but we didn't feel comfortable enough with the place to try the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rala14
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I called several places before choosing Pleasant View Inn and I am SO glad I did. We reserved an ocean front room, and the views were breathtaking. The room was immaculate, service was excellent, food was delicious, down a couple flights of stairs, out the door, and there was the beach. We are definitely going back next summer. I can't say enough about this Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank terry120953
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I was very impressed with the Pleasant View Inn. The staff was friendly and the room was excellent! I would suggest an oceanview room with a balcony to maximize the experience. The ONLY drawback was an overly crowded beach but that is to be expected anywhere that time of year. I would rush back to this Inn any day and in fact hope to get there again soon. Very clean too!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M239
Also consider these accommodations in or near Misquamicut
Sandy Shore Motel
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area
Hilton Mystic
Hilton Mystic
#4 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Pleasant View Inn? Share your experiences!