“nice trip”
Review of Breezeway Resort

Breezeway Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Misquamicut
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I wanted to stay near the beach but many of the beach hotels seemed shady. Breezeway had good reviews and pic so went with it. It was GREAT! The rooms were clean, nice-the bathrooms were amazing! The pool was a huge hit with my son! Kids were all playing together. It was picture perfect. I do wish it was open later than 8 pm. The beach was close- even had parking although you wouldn't need it. (Some friends/family asked about damage from Sandy-yes, some businesses are rebuilding/not open- the beach seemed ok- it was a beach!) One con- Internet- I do wish there was internet in the room. But hey it's vacation- unplug right?? The staff was nice/helpful. I needed some help with dates- the staff was great. Overall- I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank armywife99
JBWRI, General Manager at Breezeway Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thanks for your comments and praise of The Breezeway! We really appreciate it.

Our pool is open for swimming between 9 AM and 8 PM as to keep the noise level low during the hours guests may likely be resting in their rooms.

Great news about WIFI. As of July 7, 2013, we now offer free wifi resort wide. You just missed it, sorry. It was just available in our lobby but guests asked for wider coverage and we delivered. We hope to see you again so you can try it out.
Have a great summer and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

After 8 years and many different rooms at the Breezeway, the service, conditions and staff are still the best in the industry. The quality and cleanliness has remained at a 5 star rating. After many years in the travel industry and too many hotels to count, this one remains the top of my list. It is by far the cleanest hotel i have ever stayed in. There is no damp and musty smell like some hotels near the water. The staff remembers everyone from year to year. There is a very high repeat business. If i had to find one thing that might need approving i would say it is staying on top of "beach sneaks". There were three blankets directly around us all day and little room on the beach due to the holiday and heat. The effort to keep patrolling the beach is not good. The rights to a private beach is worth the extra nightly rate so it is very important that it remains private. The other "problem", once you stayed here, your standards will raise and you won't want to stay anywhere else!!

Room Tip: Having the kitchenette worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa P

Thanks for your continued patronage of The Breezeway. Our business is all about return visits from happy guests and we do appreciate your review. We will certainly pass on your praise to our housekeepers and see how to tighten up access to our private beach from beach goers walking in from the beach. As you know we have an attendant at the street entrance. There job is to also monitor the beach for wrist bands on intervals. We agree that this is an important amenity for Breezeway guests and want to keep it as private as possible.
Thank you and we hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My daughter came to visit from Kentucky and wanted to go to the beach. We stayed at this hotel several years ago and enjoyed our stay very much. I found everyone of the staff to be very nice and acommodating. The room that we stayed in was redone and was beautiful! I would highly recommend this hotel and will surely come back. Everything was very clean and the gardens wer very well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cstefanik
JBWRI, General Manager at Breezeway Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Breezeway and in one of our villas. Have a great summer and we hope to see you next time your in Rhode Island.

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was nice. A little pricey when you are required to pay for children as extra occupants. I was looking for more to do with my kids around town. Got a little boring for the kids. Town website is a little misleading as we thought the waterpark and boardwalk area was larger, offered more.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank bamby143
JBWRI, General Manager at Breezeway Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thanks for trying The Breezeway and for your comments. It seems we missed the mark a bit in your case and we are sorry to hear that.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had to cancel my reservation due to a medical emergency this SO CALLED FAMILY RESORT.

Did not show the least bit of caring for my problem. All they cared about was keeping my deposit. Even after 20 people from my family were able to go and believe me they would not ever go back or recommend this resort to anyone.

If a business can not bend there rules for a serious reason like mine how can they care about the guests they serve. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bonnie G

Bonnie:
We are sorry your experience left a bad impression of our property nwith you and your family. While I cannot say that I'm familiar with what occured, it's clear we could have been a bit more understanding no matter what our cancelation policy states.

(Reservations / Deposits: The greater of one nights room and tax
or 50% deposit is required at booking. Please be advised that
online bookings charge 50% automatically and we will charge the
balance of one night reservations manually. Confirmation will be
sent to you by e-mail. We regret that deposits on early departures
will not be refunded.
Cancelation: A $35 fee is applied to all cancelations.
Rooms & suites canceled 15 days prior to arrival will be
fully refunded minus the fee. Resort credit will be issued to guests
canceling between 15 and 7 days of arrival. Deposits are forfeited
on reservations canceled with 7 days of arrival.)

We do have a lovely facilitty and are very sorry you weren't able to enjoy it.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Relaxing Getaway Weekend.. 10/6~10/8

Actually came upon this Resort as I was browsing Nordic Lodge's site, re: Buffet hours and Rate... Lo & Behold, after reading all the Special offers by Breezeway Resort, I decided to make a weekend trip, also it being a Holiday on that Monday!!

Driving onto the Resort's property, I was amazed by the Beautiful layout: Water Fountains w/Sculptures, Manicured Lawns & Trees, Lounging Chairs...

We were greeted by a very friendly, helpful woman @ the Welcome Desk! Check~in was quick.. Received a Cute Welcome Gift, along with 2 Tickets to the Nordic Lodge! (Included in package, but that was my reason for going)..

We drove to the Beach, parking in Breezway's private parking area.... Took pics (posting soon).. Let's just, although it was an overcast, it felt Refreshing to walk on the Beach with that Special Someone ;)

Suppose to talk about the Resort, right?? Very Clean Room.. The bed looked a little small to me (maybe a Double), but it was Comfortable & Cozy!! Free WiFi... Great Service!
Didn't take advantage of the Outdoor Heated Pool! But drove into the 'town' for a few snacks, a movie, and dinner..
Nice Scenic drive to Nordic Lodge on Sunday!! Just say we were the last to leave.. Very Pleasant Reception!! Fresh Hot Food!! Yummy Desserts!!

Hung out in our room the remainder of the night.. watching flicks!! Quiet Resort... So quiet, we didn't know it was raining!!

We, both, agreed we'd return during warmer seasons, but I'm sure it's going to be Crowded... Hmmmmmm

Overall, highly recommended for any type of Getaway: Couples, Girls, or Anniversary!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank DaFriskiOne

Thank you for your rave review. Our entire staff works hard and it is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you nexrt time you visit the Nordic Lodge. Best wishes!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ended up at Breezeway after finding out the "Inn" we originally booked was horrifying!! Anyway the lady at the front desk ( sorry I do not remember your name) was very helpful. She even took the time to show me the room before I booked, to ease my nerves from the room I saw at the "Inn".
The grounds were manicured, the room was spacious, clean and beautiful. I would recommend this resort to friends and family.
Thank you to the staff for accommodating us at the last minute.

Jenine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nadia5577

We are so glad we were able to turn your vacation into a positive experience! Thanks a million for your comment.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Misquamicut
Pleasant View Inn
#1 of 8 in Narragansett
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Breezeway Resort? Share your experiences!