“Another Wonderful Birthday at The Breezeway!”
Review of Breezeway Resort

Breezeway Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Misquamicut
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have been going to the Breezeway since 1970! I go every year for my Birthday. I have enjoyed watching the place grow and have been amazed at how they continue to keep it so clean and so nice! Thank you again for another amazing year! We stayed at the newly renovated room at Maria's...so beautiful...perfect view, comfortable, spotless! John had Tiramisu sent to the beach for my birthday! Maria gave me a T Shirt! I love this place! We had a wonderful dinner at Maria's also. I booked the Maria's Penthouse for next year and now I can't wait til my next Birthday!!! Thank you again...you guys run the absolute best place at Misquamicut!!!

Room Tip: Maria's Suites are just across the street from the beach with a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Stayed at their beach location - Maria's. The Breezeway hotel portion is about a third of a mile from the beach. Both are very nice.

Notes: great location; within walking distance to the few area restaurants and bars; not on the beach but across the street from the beech; direct and private access to the beach; ample parking; Great! restaurant (Maria's); decent size pool at the Breezeway location; rooms were very clean

Would definitely stay here again. It was great that we could go to the beach in the day and have the pool for a break every now and then. Ample space at the Maria's room that we booked (living room with pull out, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen). My biggest concern getting a place at the beach was that it would be clean - they definitely delivered on that note. Also like the fact that on day of check out we could use the parking lot, beach, and pool through the rest of the day before going home.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Recruiting
JBWRI, Manager at Breezeway Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2011

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

Our room had a full kitchen, living room and bedrooms and they had thought of every possible need a traveller could have - dishes, pans etc. Unfortunately the room smelled strongly of cigarettes. The couch was visibly filthy. Our last day there, the couch was replaced and I suspect much of the cigarette smell originated from that couch but it was gross for the first 2 days and honestly really turned me off on ever coming back.
We had originally booked a different room and I wish they hadn't told us this room was available if it was that dirty/smelly. I felt like they just wanted the additional money they could get for a bigger room.
Customer Service was adequate. They didn't really offer us maps of the area but things were available in the office. Breakfast was pretty standard, bagels, muffins, & cereals.
Location was good. Close to the beach and it was very nice to have a private beach with free parking available.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sherylwithans
JBWRI, Manager at Breezeway Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Thank you for your comments on your recent visit. Feedback is valuable to us and helps us better serve our guests. I only wish you had addressed the smoke smell with us earlier so we could have addressed it during your stay. While all of our guest rooms are non smoking, sometimes guests do not comply with our policies and smoke regardless. We do make every effort to maintain clean odor free rooms for all our guests.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

My daughter called the hotel on monday and made reservations for a four day stay, she was quoted a rate, put a deposit down and that was that , my daughter, myself and three young grandchildren were stayin there, later the same day the hotel called back and told her that they forgot to add that there was a 20 dollar per child, per day fee. Are you kidding!!!!!For what? It is billed as a family (usually including children) resort and no where in the brochure or on line does it stste that fact, so we cancelled our reservation, so families with children beware

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank konwakeri
JBWRI, Guest Relations Manager at Breezeway Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Thank you very much for your comments regarding the Breezeway Resort. Our rates are available online at breezewayresort.com under Accomodations. At the bottom of the rate table we explain that, with the exception of some of our larger suites, standard room rates are based on two people per room and that for extra persons an extra charge per adult or per child applies. We generally ask upfront for the number of adults and children booking a stay with us both so that we can charge the correct amount for the particular type of accomodation and also so that we can help our customers find the type of accomodations best suited to their number and specific tastes. We do strive to provide our guests with clean and comfortable rooms, suites and facilities in a friendly environment which is pleasant for couples and families alike. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope this response is helpful.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was very clean and parking was provided right outside the door. Nice continental breakfast, lovely pool and grounds. Best part - you can park for free and use their small private beach on both the day you arrive and the day you leave. (Just ask at check-out for a paper bracelet.) Very quiet and restful.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Japanese maple courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank MeresMom3
JBWRI, General Manager at Breezeway Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

John

Reviewed September 28, 2010

I can't say enough about this place! We really enjoyed our stay here! Our room was immaculate and we loved the fountains and meticulously manicured grounds. A very comfortable and relaxing place with class! The owner, Maria, made us feel like we were part of her family..so welcoming and gracious! The exclusive parking at the beach with the bathroom was really convenient and made us feel sort of like VIP's! This was our first trip alone without the kids since we had them eight years ago and it was really like therapy! September is a wonderful time to visit..no crowds and still plenty to do!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rndel711
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Just recently returned from a lovely weekend at the Breezeway Resort. My husband and I arrived at noon and were just going in to inquire about our check in at 3. Maria was gracious and let us check into our room then. We had a very nice room with a small kitchen and the heated pool was literally 20 steps from our room. In the morning, we had a leisure walk across the parking lot to a pleasant breakfast of bagels, cereal, toast, muffins, coffee and tea also included in the price. My husband and I spent a pleasant afternoon on the deck overlooking the pool, relaxed and read before venturing out to Maria's restaurant a short walk away on the beach. The food and service were both amazing - we will definitely be back.

Also included in the price of the resort is the private beach and parking. Although the beach is a very short walk from our room, I imagine with small children, it's convenient to drive the car and knowing that there would be no problem finding a parking space.

We had a wonderful experience and will likely be visiting again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joyce H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Misquamicut
Pleasant View Inn
#3 of 13 in Mystic
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to Breezeway Resort? Share your experiences!