“great view”

Misquamicut State Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Rhode Island's largest and most popular beach will be handicap accessible.
Norwich, Connecticut
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“great view”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

i grew up on this beach my grand mom had a cottage there i spent many of summers there i just cant say anough great beach of rhodeisland very clean and well taken care of

Lisbon, Connecticut
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Still a great beach ,Good body boarding”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Sad to say the RI lawmakers have blown it this time.
On this cloudy day the beach was empty, everyone parks in the outside lots, and use
the hotel and restaurant beaches to save half the parking fee, So the State of RI thought they would get more revenue,
instead there were lifeguards standing around, and food concessions empty. It is a great walk from this beach to Watch Hill (around 3.5 miles) and hardly anyone in this section of quiet beach.

Hartford, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“nice but over priced parking will make us rethink returning”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

we arrived at 8:55am saturday our drive in from New Haven CT. was very good no delays we paid $30.00 to park at paddys way to much! beach was filling fast i found people not to be to friendly not even a hi how are you. i find this a bit odd.anyway the water was great tide was going out, a bit of seaweed over all it was good. SUN was HOT! great beach day i just found everything to be a bit over the top price wise. I dont mind paying a bit more after all you are in a seasonal state but you cant help feeling your being robbed bring extra $$$ for stuff forget the out door drinking establisments a burger fries and two beers $23 bucks and people were eating and drinking like it was free! enjoy yourself if you go, we did dispite my feeling of high cost we have traveled and do realize lt can be costly i just wanted to give some one going a heads up also across the street from paddys you can park for $10.00 i missed that sign when pulling in lot it pays to look around.

1 Thank desido
Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Has it's good and bad points”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I go to this beach every year with my best friend and we always have a fabulous time but that's mostly because of the company.

Pros:
This beach is definitely clean and well maintained with good lifeguards. The water and waves are an absolute blast and there is a ton of parking

Cons:
Parking rates have gone up considerably and bathroom facilities are severely lacking

We will continue to go to this beach because of the memories but are always on the lookout for something cheaper with more facilities.

Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A TOTAL RIP OFF!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I grew up on the east end of Long Island so I know about beaches - expensive and "free." You can visit the Atlantic beaches on the south shore - as a tourist - for about $10...or climb the lighthouse at Montauk for about $9.
This place - this AREA - is a total rip off - almost to the point of absurdity! Keep going to Watch Hill or Park ANYWHERE but here and you'll save at least $18 - especially if you have out-of-state plates!
We went there yesterday (Aug. 8, 2011). All other small lots were charging $10 to park to go to the beach...This place will charge you $20 if you are not from Rhode Island. Pretty expensive?? Well, we pull up and they tell us it's $28 because it's a "holiday"?!? I asked, "what holiday is it on Aug. 8?!?!?" Apparently, "Victory over Japan" day is an excuse in Rhode Island to bilk another $8 out of tourists. Yeah - FOR REAL! Hmmm...guess I should request holiday pay from my boss....How can you even give this as a reason with a straight face?!?
You know, I understand that these places are all about the money - and it's not something you do every day....but, I'd appreciate it more if you'd just overcharge me outright instead of trying to invent some B.S. excuses to justify the ridiculous costs.
As far as the park goes - what you get for $30?! - a narrow beach, packed with people.....pit toilets, cold showers and an $8 hotdog. After this experience, my husband an I were so tired of being bilked by the entire Mystic/RI area, we checked out of our hotel early and fled back to upstate NY.....where we don't even bilk the tourists this bad at Lake George!
BETTER BET??? - Keep going to Watch Hill. Park in the $10 lot right before the marina area on the right (they have bathrooms, too), walk a little less than 1/4 mile to the beach and ENJOY an atmosphere that's not overrun by the masses......There is a old-time carosel for the kids and some nice shops for the adults. Also a pretty good restaurnat on the main strip (I forget the name - but it's about the only "sit down" place in that area...and it's good).
Victory over Japan day??? REALLY?????? Sorry, but I don't think I'll be returning for Boxing Day.....

4 Thank blb724