“improvements needed”

Ramada Middletown Newport Area
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our toilet was not cleaned and smelled of urine,It would also flush on it's own. There should have been 2 easy chairs as there were 2 beds. Beds were very good but other furniture could be updated and a small table would help.We could hear conversations in other rooms and hallway.Other than the toilet the rooms were clean.T.V. outdated and no DVD player. I really missed having a pool and hot tub.This place definitely needs renovation and update with some changes to allow for privacy in the first floor front facing rooms. We had to keep the drapes closed at all times.No slip protection in tub.

1  Thank BRIAN A
Sean C, General Manager at Ramada Middletown Newport Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your review. We take pride in our cleanliness and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay. We will continue with our efforts to bring the hotel to your expectations. We offer a private room located on the Garden side of the hotel that can be reserved upon request. If I can be of help in any way please feel free to contact me at (401) 846-3555.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a room overlooking the lobby and it was too noisy. Could not sleep for the 2 nights. People in lobby noisy and drunk. Weddints I guess. Never stay in that room again.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Sean C, General Manager at Ramada Middletown Newport Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thanks for your review. I have reviewed this with our staff so we can eliminate any noise in the lobby at night. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me at (401) 846-3555.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

When I arrived the housecleaning people had left huge trash bags blocking the hallway, and didn't attempt to move when I came through. The carpets in the room are worn and very ugly green. The tv was completely fuzzy and only worked when the main light of the room was on. The worst was the second night of our stay for some reason housecleaning took both bars of soap from both the shower and sink leaving us with none and also took both bath towels leaving us with only a small Hand towel. The only nice person was the guy working the bar

1  Thank Adam E
Sean C, General Manager at Ramada Middletown Newport Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear your stay was anything less than perfect. I have reviewed this with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure proper procedure is followed. I have also reviewed the TV concerns with our maintenance department. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me at (401)846-3555

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel overall was beautiful. The room I stayed in was very nice, except for the bathroom, I did not enjoy looking at the walls that were all different colors or the paint was chipping off the wall. The room should not be used until the cosmetic work is completed. The noise level was horrible, whomever was in the room above me were very loud, if anything can be done to reduce the noise between floors would be an asset.
The staff were very friendly and helpful with directions. (Front desk staff, waitress in the dining room and the bartenders. I would definitely stay in your hotel again. Also the gentleman driving the shuttle vans were very nice, ESP Rocky.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel needs a make-over!! The bedroom was in very sad shape - poor lighting in the bathroom and the bedroom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

I apologize for not being at our best for you when you stayed with us. We are in the process of updating each room and look forward to your next stay. If I can be any help please contact me at (401) 846-3555.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The location and the room left a lot to be desired, though the price would suggest luxury accommodations. Most importantly, the website seemed to say that all of the guest rooms of the type we reserved were equipped with refrigerators, so we brought along several perishable items--and our room had no refrigerator! Why not make this clear on the website? We would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review. Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide a good value given our central location and our current amenities. We regret that your room did not have a fridge and microwave upon your arrival. If I can be of any assistance, please contact me at (401)846-3555.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The only thing this hotel has going for it is its proximately to Newport, and shuttle service. It is unclean and out dated. There were ants in the dresser drawers and the hotel smells like mold. The front desk staff was rude and inattentive - we will never be going back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day. With our central location and assortment of amenities we feel we provide a comparable rate to the surrounding hotels. We take pride in how helpful the front desk staff is on a normal basis, I do apologize that they were not up to your expectations during your stay and I am sorry your stay was anything but extraordinary. If I can be of any assistance please contact me at (401) 846-3555.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Quality Inn & Suites Middletown - Newport
Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport
Courtyard Newport Middletown
Courtyard Newport Middletown
#8 of 18 in Middletown

Been to Ramada Middletown Newport Area? Share your experiences!