1,851 results
All reviewsho joroom was cleancookiesindoor poolnewport areaapplebee's restaurantcontinental breakfastsliding doorwould stay here againhot tubparking lotthe staff was friendly and helpfulfirst floornice staymake your own wafflesfridge and microwaveper night
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I read good reviews about this hotel and they were right. I gave this hotel all excellents, but remember, it is not luxury,it's a HoJos. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. it was less than 3 miles away from downtown Newport. I'm so glad I didn't go with the $300 per night downtown hotels. This was a girls get-a-way weekend. If it was with my boyfriend celebrating something special, than maybe I'd go with the expensive waterfront.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The HoJo is a great value when visiting the Newport area. It's close to the Newport Mansions and other attractions. Nice, clean rooms that are a good side

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rrc59
Reviewed September 29, 2010

It is a Howard Johnson so this isn't a 5-star hotel. The point is there isn't really 1 thing I could complain about. The room was nice. It even had an extra sink outside the bathroom so 2 people could get ready at the same time. The room was big and cleaned well. The front staff were very, very friendly. The location is convenient to drive into Newport. And we brought our little dog and it was easy staying here (though keep in mind Newport itself is not very dog friendly).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcus B
Reviewed September 3, 2010

1. During check in we were met by a cold, unwelcoming and apparently overburdened night manger who made it clear that any questions we had were just too much for her to bear.
She was mild compared to the young, male, front desk employee, we encounted night two. He refused to discuss a coupon we had ! His attitude makes a cat in heat seem enjoyable!He was horrible!
2. The sheets smelled musty
3. The room was totally overpriced and we left!!!

• Stayed: September 2010
npt_traveler, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Middletown Newport Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

Dear Guest,
I apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. Every guest expects and deserves friendly and professional service. Kindly contact the General Manager at 401-849-2000 ext. 316 so that we can learn more about your experience and respond to your comments. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

When I was first looking to stay in the Newport area and I saw this hotel I thought how nice can a HoJo be but was pleasantly surprised very good location the rooms were very clean and the staff was amazing from A-Z . And I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple