We eaten a late dinner at Applebee's and decided to stay one more night in the Newport area. Hampton Inn & Residence Inn had no rooms available, so we checked in to Howard Johnson's for the night. Room was noisy as anything. Air conditioner and dehumidifier were so loud, we turned them both off to get some sleep. Bathtub faucet leaked all night long! Funny how they had the usual cards to help the environment by re-using our towels, while the leaky faucet used unnecessary water continuously! We were offered breakfast for $4.99 which was offered via a little hallway to Applebees. It was continental, which might have been ok, but the hostess didn't really give two hoots whether anyone stayed or not. She wasn't even friendly! Went to IHOP, nearby for a great meal. IMHO, if a client is in their 70's, should they have to remind the clerk who is registering them about the senior discount? Really!?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, fitness rm, business center, free HS Internet, Applebee's Restaurant attached, located 2 miles from downtown Newport, 1 mile from Newport Navy Base and corporate parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Howard Johnson Middletown Newport Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn - Newport Area / Middletown Hotel Middletown
- Howard Johnson Middletown
- Howard Johnson Newport Middletown
- Middletown Howard Johnson