“Wonderful Experience at Villa One Twenty”
Review of Villa One Twenty

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middletown
Villa One Twenty
Ranked #2 of 9 Middletown B&B and Inns
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Wonderful Experience at Villa One Twenty”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have just been to a wedding and also stayed at the Villa One Twenty. Corinna, the owner, is just magnificent. Corinna makes you feel that you are in your own fairy tale and makes everything come to life. Her breakfasts were fantastic. The wedding was just beautiful. We had dinner at the Villa One Twenty right after the wedding and everything was just wonderful. The rooms are beautiful and Corinna is just the best hostess you can imagine. I would recommend the Villa One Twenty very highly.

Room Tip: Each and every room has its own character. You would have to go on line and choose the room you fel...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank sherry_dematteo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just returned from a New Years trip and cannot rave enough about Villa One Twenty. The house is absolutely breathtaking and Corinna is a gracious hostess. I was skeptical about visiting Newport in the winter but the house was beautifully decorated for the holidays and the house was away from the bustle of the wharf and felt peaceful and cozy but close enough that we still spent a lot of time there and felt there was plenty to do. Breakfast was amazing (the eggs benedict was outstanding!) and we felt like royalty at the long beautiful table. We would definitely return and have already recommended to friends!

Room Tip: The Ruby room was gorgeous!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allison S
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My fiancé and I recently stayed at Villa One Twenty for an anniversary getaway. I should start by saying that, typically, I wouldn't consider myself a Bed & Breakfast fan, but Villa One Twenty definitely changed my perception! First, the house was beautiful - modern decorations mixed with its historical charm - and was adorned in pretty Christmas decorations throughout the common areas, making it feel very warm and festive. Second, the rooms were big - much larger than your typical chain hotel room. We stayed in the Pearl Room on the third floor. It was very quiet and had a large bathroom with double sinks. I would definitely rebook this room. Lastly, everything was extremely clean. Corrina was also an excellent host - so warm and friendly - and possesses a great attention to detail. From the crystal wine glasses and candle sticks in our room to the coffee and tea laid out all day in the dining room, everything was impeccable. And I can't say enough about breakfast! In addition to the delicious homemade meals that Corrina whips up (we had Eggs Benedict one morning and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, a bagel and cream cheese the next - both very delicious!), there's warm croissants, homemade bread and granola, yogurt, fresh meat & cheese and fruit. I honestly did not want to leave. We will definitely be coming back and recommending this place to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melody S
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I, along with another couple of friends, stayed at Villa One Twenty during early October. A beautiful weekend in Newport and a most wonderful stay. The second-story rooms we stayed in (Emerald and Amber rooms) were huge with high ceilings and modern baths. Corrina was a great hostess and provided many variations of fruits, cheeses and pastries (fantastic croissants!) for the breakfasts. She also was extremely helpful with information and recommendations for the area. Although the B&B is not in the "wharf district", it is only a 5 minute drive away and it is quite easy to get to any of the Newport destinations from it. And Villa One Twenty was a great place to come back to for some evening wine & conversation in the parlor. We would certainly return if we find ourselves heading back to Newport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Voorhees, New Jersey
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I travel extensively for business, and typically stay at the major chains as they represent a consistent experience. I was visiting the Newport Rhode Island area to attend the wedding of a friends daughter. Our friend strongly suggested we forget about our accumulated points, and enjoy the Newport experience. Corrina, the host was gracious, a relatively recent transplant from Britain. The rooms were tastefully decorated, bathrooms were modern. You can see and feel the love and pride of her dreams coming to fruition. I felt like I was a guest in an old friends home. Loved the breakfast. Lack of Wi-fi allowed me to unplug for the short time we were there. Will definately revisit the area and the establishent in the near future

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Harvey S
COCO007_11, Owner at Villa One Twenty, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Harvey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and such a complimentary one. I am glad you enjoyed Newport and Villa 120.

Villa 120 does have wi-fi and I apologise that you did not know this and I shall ensure that future guests are informed. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Warmest wishes
Corinna
Highland, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were presented with a special weekend away, and this property is a perfect place for it. Corrina went above and beyond to make this special. It is a very elegant property and a great place to stay.Corrina is a fabulous hostess and goes out the way to make you feel special.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This past July, my husband and I held our rehearsal dinner at the Villa One Twenty. From the very start of the planning process through to the event day, the owner, Corinna, went above and beyond to make everything perfect for our special event. Partnering with Compton Clambakes (caterer) for a clambake style luncheon, Corinna and Sara (Compton Clambakes) worked tirelessly together to ensure our event was executed seamlessly. The day was all that I could have imagined and more. Corinna had even called her landscaper that morning to manicure the gardens prior to our arrival! Words cannot describe the beautifully appointed (historic yet modern) decor of the villa. Corinna has a talented eye for interior design! There was a lot of love and care that went into the restoration of this inn and it is evident from the moment you step onto the porch.

I would highly recommend the Villa One Twenty for a couples get-away or for a wedding/rehearsal dinner event. The inn is close enough to downtown Newport to enjoy the sights but far enough away to have a peaceful reprieve from the crowds.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
The Carriage House Inn, an Ascend Collection hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Mainstay Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Newport Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#14 of 18 in Middletown

Been to Villa One Twenty? Share your experiences!