“Nice Clean hotel, very friendly service, big smiles!”

Residence Inn Newport Middletown
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Nice Clean hotel, very friendly service, big smiles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I am reviewing this place on my last day of staying here! The hotel is so nice and clean, it is also only six years old ( I asked because the layout looks newer to me than other residence inn I stayed at). The staff are more than friendly! Breakfast buffet and waffle maker with any topping you can possibly think of.
We are in this area in the winter during school vacation week and we have definitely enjoyed their indoor pool, their whirlpool!
This will not be our last time here. Very conveniently located about 3-5 miles away from historic Newport and even the beach area. My husband and our kids enjoyed it and we will be coming back.
Thank you Residence Inn !

• Stayed February 2014
Mr_Jeff_Miller, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport Middletown, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you so much for the nice review. Clean and friendly with big smiles is exactly what we hope for. We will look forward to having you stay again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Amherst, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've been here 3 nights of an expected month plus stay, due to a work assignment in the local area, and so far it's wonderful. Rooms aree sapacious, clean, quiet, with all the amenities you'd expect for an extended stay. Staff goes out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Great WiFi/internet connectivity, terrific hot breakfast seven days a week, and on Mon, Tues & Thurs nights they offer a mini dinner in the lounge/bar area. If you don't want to use the self serve laundry facilities on site, they will send it out for you. If you can't find time to shop for groceries at the nearby Shaws, they will go pick it up for you if you give them a list. So far, I'm very happy with my choice of a place to stay while working down here.

Room Tip: 1st two floors are pet friendly, upper two floors are no pets
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NH_Joe
ROCKLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were just here for the weekend with two other couples (1/17-1/19). At check-in I noticed we were all put on the 2nd floor. After reading reviews about the first and second floor being pet friendly we had the rooms changed. I have nothing against pets I just didnt want to be in a room they might have been in. We all got rooms on the third floor. I love the suites, lots of room and seating. The small kitchen was a big plus. Both rooms and bathroom were very clean. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. We used the computer room to print off some groupons for the Winery and the wifi was very strong. We intended to spend time at the pool which was warm, clean and inviting but we found ourselves so busy we never made it. Breakfast each morning was very good, get there early because it can get very busy with families. Good selection of hot and cold items. Replacement food and beverages were taken care of quickly.
We all had a great time and love the location. Close enough to Newport without the high cost. We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Try to get the 4th floor, otherwise you might hear kids running across the ceiling. 1st and 2nd flo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janice M
Kent, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I spent three nights at the start of our holiday and two nights at the end at the Residence Inn and were satisfied in every way on both occasions. I cannot comment on the facilities such as the swimming pool and the social evenings because we did not use them but the reception and breakfast staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I had to book an extra night on arrival at the second stay because of the heavy snow changing our plans but that was organised effortlessly and at a good rate despite the short notice. The standard suite was extremely spacious and had everthing we wanted and more with a comfortable king size bed. The only comment I would make about the room is that in both rooms the air conditioning/heating unit is situated at the foot of the bed and is quite noisy. Fortunately the room was warm enough to allow us to turn it off at night. The hot and cold breakfast buffet is adequate and regularly restocked and the small touches like cookies on reception were welcome. The hotel is very well situated about 10 minutes easy drive from Newport historic district and is situated well back from the main road where there are a number of eating options nearby. We used Applebees which is just a two minute walk away and warm and welcoming. There is ample free parking at the hotel. I thought the Residence Inn was extremely good value and would recommend it if visiting the Newport area with a car as an alternative to the expensive options in the centre of town. One recommendation, seek out the Corner Cafe on Broadway in Newport for breakfast if you want an alternative to the inclusive hotel breakfast, first class and lovely atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Jeff_Miller, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport Middletown, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us not once but twice on your recent trip. We appreciate your kind words about the service, quality and value that you experienced. We often suggest that the extra space and free amenities you receive for a lower price more than offset the 2 miles required to get into downtown Newport. We're happy you chose us!
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

If blindly following your GPS, you will find that the motel is not actually along W. Main Road, but some strategically-place signs will guide you around the block to the entrance on High Street. There is parking in front of the lobby entrance and more on the back side, adjoining the Hampton Inn parking lot. The staff was friendly and helpful with local knowledge to share with first-time visitors to the area.

Having staying at various brands of Marriott properties around the world, this was our first stay at any Residence Inn, so I do not know if this one is typical to the brand. There is a very attraction high-ceiling lobby with an inviting gas fireplace on a cold December evening.

Our assigned room was on the 4th floor and faced north overlooking Middletown. It was a large, comfortable suite, but we did have a rather noisy neighbor in the adjoining room for one of our night’s stay.

There is a bar just off the lobby, but we did not visit it during this stay. The buffet breakfast is average and typical of most motel brands in the USA. I noticed a nice-looking courtyard, which is used during the summer months, but it was too cold to enjoy in December.

Middletown and Newport are small towns by many people’s standards, so it isn’t very far to numerous good restaurants in the area, to include some in walking distance.

I would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Be wary of rooms with adjoining doors.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WA2world
Norfolk, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

And let's reiterate that. It is an extended stay property with all the amenities that one expects with this class of service. And I love Residence Inn's! I love them when I am away from home for a week, or two or a month or more. I love the "apartment type" feel, the separate bedroom from living space, the kitchen, the laundry, the breakfast and manager's social! And this property does them all and does them well! My most recent visit wasn't for business it was for a Christmas' girls weekend. A two bedroom suite with my 79 year old mother, my sister, a family lifetime friend and her 93 year old mother. We spent the evening in the suite; utilized the lovely (and very well equipped kitchen) to enjoy each other and a great dinner! The rooms were quiet and spacious; they were clean and comfortable; the staff was polite and gracious. We enjoyed the breakfast and amenities! Thank you all for a splendid stay!

Stayed December 2013
Wyckoff, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Bottom Line: Nice clean hotel minutes from Newport.

Details, we stopped here at the end of October as it was one of the few hotels in the area with jacked up summer prices still in place. The hotel was clean and our room was spacious. The gym was well equipped and the pool was nice. There was a stretching machine that I have never seen in a hotel gym but it was AMAZING! The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard…not great but not bad either.

Negatives: The only thing I can think of was a very strong cleanser/air freshener type smell in all the hallways that you couldn't escape.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Hotel Viking
Hotel Viking
#4 of 21 in Newport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,922 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Newport Middletown? Share your experiences!