“HORRIBLE BUG INFESTED HOTEL”

Residence Inn Newport Middletown
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I would never stay at this Flea Infested Hotel ever again! My small dog, which is never out of my arms, stood in the room with me for 2 nights and when I got in my car to take her home, she was scratching profusely. I rushed her to the vet the next day and found out she had caught fleas within the last 24 hours. She had been no where else but in our hotel room. There were animals everywhere in the hotel and clearly the hotel is infested. Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Jeff_Miller, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

I am sorry that your experience was unsatisfactory. Because we know that fleas can be a problem when staying at a pet friendly hotel we do take exptra precautions to prevent a problem. As soon as I was made aware of your experience we did have a pest control company inspect & test the premises, and they did not find evidence of fleas. I am sorry that your dog had fleas but I respectfully would suggest that other possibilities be considered. I'm glad that you took the dog to the vet for proper treatment.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Clean with friendly staff. Comfortable all around. Got us a crib for the baby in record time. convenient to downtown Newport and a good nights sleep. Gave us adjoining suites with other family. Overall a good experience. Will look for this chain again elsewhere because we can separate from the kids for some space!

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in late Sept 2013. Was very pleased with the oversized and well decorated rooms, the friendly and helpful staff, nice pool and fitness area, the complimentary breakfast as well as the free evening barbecue on two of the three nights I stayed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this property 9/25 3 nights. Previous stay was 2 years ago. The hotel does not dis-appoint. The suites are large & well appointed & very clean. The full kitchen, 2 TV's and separate bedroom/living room are a welcome change from a standard hotel room. The free Wi-Fi was fast and reliable. The free breakfast was available from 6am-10am daily & it was excellent. Lots of choices from waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, bagels, toast, juice, coffee, yogurts & fresh fruit. WOW! The food was always hot & never empty. The breakfast ladies do an excellent job. The free BBQ on Thursday night was a pleasant surprise. The heated indoor pool & whirlpool were clean & enjoyable. Newport & the surrounding area are beautiful.

Room Tip: Best hotel in the Newport area. Avoid the diner north of the hotel & the pizza across the street...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel was clean and the rooms well cared for each day. The breakfast each day is so-so but it is included in the price of the room and there is a wide variety so everyone can find something to eat. The trip into Newport is easy but do park in the lots. We got a parking ticket for parking in a restricted residence zone which was not marked as such.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Virginia F
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week and had an excellent “guest experience.” The Residence Inn rates highly on all scores. It’s very clean, full of amenities for the traveler, and has a great staff. Special kudos to Mike at the front desk for assistance he rendered early on in our stay.

In addition to a spacious suite (separate bedroom and living room area), it also features a well-equipped kitchenette with full-size fridge, stove dishwasher and microwave. So when we came back with doggy bags from some of the local restaurants, we actually had the ability to store and then reheat instead of letting the food go to waste.

The Residence Inn also feeds you well, and the food is free. Rolled into the room rate, which is very reasonable given the proximity to Newport. Free breakfast every morning, and dinner two or three nights per week. For a family trying not to blow the vacation budget on expensive dining, especially with kids, this is a true bargain.

One other nod to the great service. My wife left a set of audio-video cables in the room. She called after we got home and, yes, they found the cables. She was ready to pay for them to send them back to us … but no, they sent the cables back to us in a well-padded envelope at no cost. Thanks, Marriott!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Jeff_Miller, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with the size, cleanliness and amenities offered in our suites. With complimentary breakfast everyday and dinner 3 nights per week there's no excuse for leaving hungry. We were pleased to locate your cables and return them. I hope you will visit us again when you return to Newport.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 days during labor day weekend. The room was big and clean, breakfast was good and the free barbecue was a pleasant surprise to us. And then on the morning we were supposed to check out my husband had a major health problem and not being an american I was feeling really helpless about what to do. I therefore want to thank all the staff for helping me out and especially the two ladies from housekeeping who helped me look for my husband's wallet and offered to drive us to the hospital, the hotel manager who asked the shuttle driver to take us to the hospital and the driver who took us there. I wanted to thank you personally when I returned at night to book an extra night for myself as my husband had to stay in the ICU, but the staff had changed in the mean time. All is well now and maybe o e day we'll return to finish our trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so glad to hear that everything turned out okay for you and your husband. Our AGM was happy to assist and relieved to know that your husband is feeling better. We hope that one day you can return to finish your trip and we look forward to having you stay with again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
#8 of 18 in Middletown
Hotel Viking
Hotel Viking
#6 of 21 in Newport

Been to Residence Inn Newport Middletown? Share your experiences!