“Typical Residence Inn with friendly staff”

Residence Inn Newport Middletown
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Boston, Massachusetts
“Typical Residence Inn with friendly staff”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel provides very clean spacious rooms with quality furniture, comfortable beds and a kitchenette. Pool, fitness center and business center are pretty nice. Most residence inn hotels are build cheap with really thin walls and ceilings, therefore it is best to ask for a top floor room. The hotel was pretty full during my stay because of a kids hockey tournament and hoards of kids were everywhere without any supervision. Not what I expected in a business oriented long term stay hotel, but my stay was okay anyway. I have kids myself, but they do not vandalize by blocking elevator doors with objects etc...I will come back, but probably ask first if there is anything special going on.

Room Tip: Top floor corner rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
123Newport, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport Middletown, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for writing in regards to your most recent stay at the Residence Inn. I am sorry that your stay coincided with that of a local hockey tournament, resulting in lots of kids at the hotel. I can certainly understand that your stay was impacted as a result. We look forward to your return and are happy to provide you with information about unusual activities that may affect a future stay. As you mentioned, we are a business oriented extended stay hotel but during the holidays we typically see fewer corporate guests and more guests traveling with families. Thanks for the awesome cleanliness rating!! Sincerely, Jeff Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is by far the best Residence Inn we've stayed at. The entire staff was pleasant and went over an above what we would have expected. I have a soy allergy. The kitchen staff was extremely helpful with managing my allergy both at breakfast and at the social in the evening event. The desk staff helped us with activties in the area. Would defintely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MamaWeaves
Florida
Reviewed December 20, 2012

After 3- 80 hour weeks working in an unheated tent helping survivors of hurricane Sandy, the Residence Inn Newport-Middletown was just what I needed to catch up on some rest. My room was clean, quiet, and well-designed for an extended stay and the staff was dedicated and unfaltering in its efforts to make one feel welcome and at home. On alternating nights during the week hot food is served such that you really don't need to go anywhere if you don't want to, but several good restaurants are nearby should you care to venture out. As an extended stay hotel, the Residence Inn is also close to shopping and a supermarket so that necessities are easily available.

I will definitely stay here again if I return this way and the hotel has my recommendation as a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tartan34
123Newport, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport Middletown, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your nice remarks. I'm so glad that our service and facilities met your needs during your extended stay with us. The socials on Mon, Tue and Wed allow guests to take a break from daily routines and connect with other guests and our associates. Thanks for staying with us. Jeff Miller
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My stay here was the best extended stay experience I have ever experienced at a hotel. I was here during Hurricane Sandy and despite the power going out, the staff was concerned about making their guests comfortable. They still provided a warm meal, complimentary drink tickets, and great attitudes. They provided glow sticks, but had staff guide guests to their rooms with flashlights. One maintenance worker even let me borrow his own spare flashlight for the evening. The food each morning was fresh and delicious. There was so much variety and I tried everything during my stay. The cook for the evening socials was skilled and provided tasty meals. She informed us she is a vegetarian who cooks meat by smell, but she made pulled pork comparable to restaurant quality.

My excellent experience with the Newport Middletown Residence Inn influenced me to book my current business trip with a Residence Inn near Richmond, VA. Unfortunately, their standards are not the same as the Newport hotel. Newport Middletown Residence Inn sets the bar.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank L B
Helena, Mt
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights while attending a conference on Goat Island. Although the hotel shuttle only operated scheduled service to the harbor in the evenings, the city bus was conveniently located about one block away. The immediate area around the hotel seemed very safe, including for walking. Hotel staff were very friendly and in addition to a decent breakfast (except for only one working waffle maker), the evening meals were very good. The room and hotel were very clean. The business center contained two free computers, but connection speeds were very slow. I rate this hotel a 4 instead of a 5 due to the limited schedule / destination of the shuttle and the fact that the hotel's location is a couple miles from downtown Newport area.I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms would be quiet since off from any roads.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My daughter and I recently returned from a three night stay. In general, I am an avid Marriott fan, but this Residence Inn was particularly impressive! The hotel is relatively new and is beautifully decorated and spotless.

Check in was quick and efficient. The staff members were warm, welcoming and very helpful. A variety of delicious cookies were available at the desk upon arrival.

The evening receptions were especially nice. On Monday, a complete dinner with manicotti, salad, soup, etc. was served. On Tuesday, I was told that only appetizers were to be offered. These "appetizers" consisted of gourmet cheeses, caesar salad, clam chowder, fresh fruit, various desserts.... I was really impressed by the selection. A full bar is also available.

Housekeeping was especially attentive and honored my request for service later in the afternoon. They even checked to see if the service was acceptable. Housekeeping even paid attention to small details such as leaving extra popcorn in the room each day. My daughter was pleased!

The pool, although somewhat small was warm and very enjoyable and the hot tub was the perfect temperature for relaxing.

After only three days, I am completely relaxed and rejuvenated. Thank you Middletown Residence Inn staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bergenfield, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for our 20th anniversary 10/18-10/20, and other than getting a 2nd floor room that was on level with a first floor roof, so that we had a view of back roof and air conditioning units, it's a great place to stay.
We had a 1 bedroom suite, nicely decorated, comfortable furniture, and staff is very nice and friendly.
Breakfast was good and plentiful. The whole hotel seems fresh and clean and welcoming.
Oh, one other thing, they have nice flat screen TVs, but no HD channels, so that could be upgraded.
I recommend this Residence Inn,stay here- you won't be disappointed.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
npt_traveler, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport Middletown, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Vicki L.,
I hope you enjoyed a nice getaway for your 20th anniversary. I am sorry we didn't select a room with a better view for you, especially for such a special occasion. Thanks for the nice comments about the hot breakfast buffet and the hotel cleanliness. As you noticed we have flat screens in every room and I hope HD is not too far away. Thank you for your recommendation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Hotel Viking
Hotel Viking
#5 of 21 in Newport

Been to Residence Inn Newport Middletown? Share your experiences!