“Fun Time!” 4 of 5 bubbles

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My Wife and I went to Newport for a long weekend with another couple. We took the shuttle from town to the vineyard they suggest on the website. They will pick you up almost anywhere, and its $10 roundtrip.

I can’t speak much to the "quality" of the wine since I don’t know much other than I like to drink it. We enjoyed everything we tasted had had a fun time at the vineyard. The staff was friendly and they have both an indoor and outdoor tasting area. You can also purchase wine by the glass and sit at tables that overlook the vineyard.

The tour is pretty short, but it was cool to hear about the vineyard.

Visited August 2013

Stoughton, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A must do on your girlfriends getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went to Newport with two girlfriends this past weekend. Before we left we were asking around on what we should do, the mansions, cliff-walk, or a winery. Everyone kept saying they went to a great winery in Newport so we decided to check it out. The day was a bit rainy so it was a perfect day to drink wine under one of the outdoor tents with view of the vineyard. They had a great gift shop and after our tasting picked up a couple bottles for a picnic later in the day!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MegLyb
Boston, Massachusetts
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Better than average NE Winery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Returning to NE after 4 decades in the mid-Atlantic, we were interested in finding local wineries, especially since it is still quite difficult to get wine shipped in from across the United States and from the mid-Atlantic into Massachusetts. Up to this point, we've been mostly disappointed with the NE wineries reliance on fruit-wine blends. Finally, a winery with a decent climate and some good white wines. Oh, we like moderate to full-bodied reds as well, but NE can't deliver on this and that's OK. One needs to realize their strength and play to it. Newport has a good tour and the guide is quite knowledgeable about the grapes, the vineyards terroir, and how the wines are made at Newport. Very informative. But the wine tasting bar was loaded with nearly 20 of us from the tour and whomever comes in. Only one person was pouring and discussing each wine. So the wait was interminable and it was a weekday. Would have liked to try more, and probably bought more, but the wait is discouraging. They need to get more servers in there when they load up. We'll come back later when it is quiet.

Little Compton, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“They need to work on consistency”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Myself and 3 friends visited for the wine tasting recently. Each pour was completely inconsistent! One of us would get 2 sips whereas the next person would get 1/4 glass. Luckily we used the Groupon discount, otherwise I would definitely have complained about the value. Also, make sure you ask about the tour... Otherwise, nothing will be mentioned to you. If I'm paying for a tour&tasting, then I expect to be told about it rather than having to wander around and figure it out on my own. Lastly, I would have been happier if the servers educated us about the wines. This would give me more of a desire to purchase some of their products. Wasn't impressed, and probably won't return.

“Uneventful!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Used a groupon for this excursion which included the tasting and a free etched wine glass. It was an overcast day and sprinkling and a Saturday and was pretty busy. We were less than impressed by the tour given the fact that the tour guide not only brought us out to view the vines in the rain, had to pretty much read all of the information off a cheat sheet! When we finally got to the tasting we were given a sheet with a list of wines but the instructions were not clear as to how to select them. We waited almost 10 minutes before we got our first wine and my husband had to get their attention to make that happen. During the tasting the attendant knocked over a glass in front of us and all of our glasses had to be replaced. Overall, not impressed with the last of organization, presentation or the wine for that matter. You couldn't even buy a bottle of wine and enjoy it with some cheese and crackers outside which was a disappointment.