“Nice spot”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice spot”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Made a stop here on our way back to Maine after a nice date weekend with my wife. Did the tasting and tour which was kind of cool, kinda OK. The tasting was GREAT, the tour was informational, which I guess is the idea of it. Would have liked to be here during the summer or early fall to see the harvest going on, that would have been quite cool. Either way, all the folks there were VERY nice, VERY knowledgeable of their product and the wine itself is VERY,VERY good. Had to take a couple bottles home it was that good.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Newport Vineyards”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We enjoyed the winery tour and being able to sample the wines. The wine experts were very knowledgeable and helpful. We enjoyed sampling some of the whites. The reds were either very strong Merlot wines or sweetish reds which did not appeal to our taste. The gift shop is very nice. Stay at the Pilgrim House Inn and receive a small complimentary bottle of white wine with a certificate.

Mansfield, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Great gift for my wife.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

What a great and informative wine tasting and tour. My wife and I did a helicopter ride and then the wine tour. What a great day we spent together!

New Hampshire Seacoast
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Not Nappa”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This vineyard is quite small but quaint. The guide provided a lot of interesting information about their winemaking process. The tour is relatively quick and ends with a wine tasting. For all of the build-up on the great climate for growing grapes very similar to a region in France, the wine itself unfortunately does not even come close. The wines, especially the reds, lack complexity and taste "young."

Visited September 2012
WORCESTER
263 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Enjoyed our visit”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

During a trip to Newport we went to Newport Vineyards and to Greenvale Vineyards. We were 3 couples and all of us agreed Newport Vineyards was better. At Newport Vineyards we paid $15 for the tour, tasting and a glass. At Greenvale Vineyards we paid $15 for tasting and glass, no tour. Newport Vineyards is larger and more space for the visitors so it didn't feel as crowded. The tour was a bit lack luster because they have cut it short during their renovations. They are expecting those to take 2 years. The good news is once it is done their tasting room will be twice the size. They also have a nice area outside with tables and chairs. You an buy wines by the glass or bottle and enjoy in the lawn area. At Greenvale there were no tables or chairs so people were sitting on the lawn. I thought the wines at Newport were also better. I didn't try a wine I didn't like. I love that the grapes are so close to the property, really created that vineyard vibe.