“Almost Overwhelming Sunday Brunch”
Review of Atlantic Beach Club - CLOSED

Atlantic Beach Club
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Almost Overwhelming Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were a group of eighteen while the club also hosted three wedding receptions and was the endpoint for a charity road race fundraiser. It was a little difficult to get to the parking lot, but once there everything was easier. There was plenty of food and it all looked tasty. Brunch was a great value for the money, many other venue's would charge double the price. And if you eat a little more than you expected, you can walk it off on the beach right in front of the club.

Feeding Hills, Massachusetts, United States
“Great live jazz band, pricey food”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great atmosphere. Jazz band was excellent. Clam chowder and french onion soup wonderful. all 6 of our entrees, mediocre. VERY pricey.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Disappointing - I like HOT food.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Having been travelling for nearly a month, this was our most expensive meal and the most disappointing. Portions were generous and thankfully I talked my husband out of having an appetiser. I ordered lobster thermidor, which came with rice, broccoli and carrots. I sent the first dish of rice and veg back as it was virtually cold. The replacement wasn't much better, nor was the lobster. There was plenty of lobster, but I had great difficulty cutting it and suspect that it wasn't sufficiently cooked, but there was so much sauce you couldn't really tell. My husband's Fisherman's Platter was generous, but again, not very hot. The carrots had the appearance of the tinned variety, which isn't what I would have expected at a stylish restaurant like this.

• Visited October 2012
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I met friends for dinner at ABC on Friday. In spite of the fact that the bar was crowded and there was a wedding upstairs, there wasn't so much as a minor glitch in our evening. We had a large group - about 12 of us and everything arrived promptly. Our drinks came quickly, the food came out hot and perfectly done. I've eaten at countless places in Newport / Middletown and can say without a doubt that ABC has by far the best clam chowder.

Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
United States
“Another visit, and again, great dinner!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Have been here at least twice a year,for the past 4-5 years, consistently excellent. Good quality food and service. Don't change anything. This place is on the beach, stick you toes in the sand and water any time of year after you eat. I try to go here every time I am in Rhode Island. Better than any restaurant in Texas.....