“2nd time in RI and this was first on the list” 5 of 5 bubbles

Coddington Brewing CO
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York
“2nd time in RI and this was first on the list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

This was our 2nd year staying in Rhode Island and this was the first place that came to everyone's mind. This was a family of 7 dining here on a Friday night (one toddler). Last time I had the sampler of a few different beers and I actually liked it and I'm completely not a beer drinker. This time I just had a mixed drink (which was pretty good) but this place is really about good beer and good food. I didn't want to have seafood this time so I got shepherd's pie which was amazing and such a huge portion but so yummy that my husband finished it after he ate his plate of fish and chips which he said was amazing. I tried my brother's fried scallops though and was kicking myself that I didn't get those. Even my toddler daughter has fun here, she ordered her drink with the waitress - apple juice - and was acknowledged and treated very nicely all evening. Not one person at the table was unhappy with their food - not even that, they LOVED their food. Next time I'll get the scallops because I'm getting hungry just thinking about them and oh yeah, there WILL be a next time.

Rhode Island
“Worse Service Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

I asked for a White Russian and got voka and milk. Ask the bartender to add a little more Kaluha and so he asked if I wanted a double, so I said ok. It was very strong so one the next I just asked if he could add a little more Kaluha than Vodka when making the drink. He was too busy talking too his friends and couldnt be bother to wait on us. The best part was they werent even busy! The second time I went in there different bartender SAME BAD SERVICE! DONT BOTHER GOING HERE!

2 Thank Killershopper
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Generous food portions, reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

We had an 8 ounce burger (that was lean and cooked to order) with excellent fries included and a "Buffalo" chicken salad that was enormous. Both were very good. Clam chowder and Portugese kale soup both outstanding. All reasonably priced. Looking forward to going back to enjoy there home brew beers and ales.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Always stop here after the beach. Never get tired of it. It's a hidden neighborhood gem because of it's location...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

Always stop here after the beach. Never get tired of it. It's a hidden neighborhood gem because of it's location. Consistent good food. Great brews, they now offer a full selection in addition to the in house brews. Service is great. Great place for business lunch.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Lincoln, Maine
“Good food, good beer.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

This had a great "big" bar atmosphere. Very good beer.
Food was great bar food.Promptly served by a very pleasant waitress.

1 Thank 123lemon