“Ya gotta try this place”

Newport Creamery Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Middletown
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is an old style diner and icecream place that's been going for years. The ice cream is phenomenal. The service is wonderful and late at night there grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches are to die for.

This is a place that is best known to locals but is a must visit if you are in Newport with your family. Just a great fun place to have a meal or dessert after a meal or just dessert

There are newer reviews for Newport Creamery Restaurant

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have always stopped at the Newport Creamery for the famous Awful, Awful's but decided to have lunch this time.

Lunch was very good, extensive menu, lots of choices. Service was also very good.

Always leave room for dessert!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good coffee, good service, big breakfast priced right. Only thing I would change is to have items alacarte for about the same price as the combos listed - menu said no substitutions, so I had a huge pile of potatoes which I did not eat as it was just too much food - would have preferred to substitute a small pancake instead. Oh well . . . It was still an excellent breakfast with nice atmosphere and good service.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I find that many tourist area ice cream shops are only mediocre. But the Newport Creamery was great and reasonably priced for two scoops in a waffle cone. Only $3.00 and some change.
We only had ice cream. The special of the day with grated coconut and chocolate shavings was one of the best I have ever tasted.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

While visiting RI last week with my husband, we stopped for lunch one day at the Newport Creamery. Boy, are we glad we did!! The food was absolutely delicious, in fact, we were so full from eating lunch we didn't have room for their fabulous ice cream!! We both had their homemade cheeseburgers, mine with a side of onion rings, and my husband's with a side of french fries. The burgers were to die for, soooo delicious and the onion rings were the "real deal" - not pre-made frozen like you get many places these days. I can't wait to go back again on our next trip to RI. I can't wait to try their ice cream sundaes! Very child-friendly, the staff was warm and welcoming. Just a really all-over nice place to eat with really good food!!