“Very good lobster roll. The drawn butter, not so much.”
Review of Atlantic Grille

Atlantic Grille
Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 20, 2017

My friend and I came here for lunch on a busy, sunny Saturday in mid July. it was fun to drive away from Newport, towards the Cliff Walk and the beach, and over to Middletown. The restaurant is approximately one block away from the water. The Lobster Roll normally comes in a mayonnaise-based dressing, but I asked for it "naked," with drawn butter on the side. For a small up charge, I substituted a fresh fruit cup for the french fries. The lobster was really good. This would have been a five star review if it wasn't for what was served to me when I asked for drawn butter. The last time I checked, "drawn butter" is melted to the point where it's practically clear. What was given to me was in a creamy, opaque state with lumps, and dripping down the outside of the small bowl it was served in. It's as if someone had popped butter into the microwave but took it out too soon, and then never bothered to wipe the outside of the container before serving it. It looked awful. I ended up pretending it wasn't there, and enjoyed the rest of my meal.

1  Thank EllenB614

Reviewed July 9, 2017

The manager honored a price for lobsters that were listed lower on the website then they actually were. We had a large party of 11. About five ordered lobsters. They were delicious. We also wanted to celebrate two members birthdays. The employees helped us with providing the cake slices, two candles and they came out singing. All the food was very good and the servers went out of their way to make it a fun evening for us!

Reviewed July 9, 2017

We were looking to escape the Sunday summer crowds in Newport, so we took a short hop over to Middletown for lunch and discovered the Atlantic Grille, where we enjoyed free parking, a casual atmosphere, and yummy food! The clam chowder was smooth and buttery, and the Sid Fishous, a wrap filled with baked cod, slaw and spicy sauce, was terrific. My husband had the Lobster Roll, which overflowed with huge chunks of lobster. Outstanding! Service was friendly and prices were reasonable. The breakfast and lunch menu was extensive and they also have a full bar on site. A good choice for couples or families looking to avoid the crowded downtown Newport scene.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

We went there for breakfast. We were seated promptly and given coffee. We placed our orders and were served in a timely manner. We both enjoyed the food and the waitress was attentive and refreshed our coffees.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

Good food. Convenient location. Sadly the service was very very slow...and the restaurant was not busy at all