“Lobsta!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great stuffed Lobsta and delicious crab cake. Excellent beach eatery. Service was very good. Wine and beer selection pretty good. Their error got us a double order of lobster. Perfect ending for beach and cliff walk.

1  Thank jjonesschenk
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Grille

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Atlantic Grille was wonderful! It a great spot to just plop down in after the beach. The decorations make you feel like you are at a beach shack. The food is really good too. I would recommend the cheeseburger. The lobster roll is also really good. And that is just lunch and dinner! Breakfast is even better! The pancakes are some of the best I have ever had! They are very light and fluffy. The French toast is also very good. The service is very good and the waiters and waitresses are friendly. I will look forward to going to Atlantic Grille again!

1  Thank BelugaGirl
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had an enjoyable dinner after a tour of The Newport Winery. Portions were over abundant at an extremely reasonable price! Atmosphere is quite casual and laid back. Started with the chorico and clam cakes, which consists of seven huge, lightly battered fritters. My wife had the baked stuffed lobster,priced at an amazing $!5. I had two huge skewers of grilled shrimp marinated with lime and cilantro. Server was knowledgeable and efficient. Restaurant was overflowing with locals, and not flooded with Newport tourists. Would definitely return...well worth the money!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The owner of our motel recommended this place as being "where the locals eat". Since it was nearby, we tried it right away for dinner. The food is great--not gourmet or nouvelle cuisine--but fresh and well-prepared. Husband's lobster roll was FILLED with lobster meat; he was in heaven. I had tilapia, chicken in marsala sauce and fish and chips. (Yes, we ate there 3 times.) Decent wine list, even splits of Prosecco, which you don't find at many more casual eateries. The service was prompt and attentive. I would definitely suggest you check this place out. It's actually in Middletown, not Newport, just a couple of miles from the downtown Newport area, near the Easton Beach. If has plenty of free parking, but the lot is almost always pretty full. Very family friendly, too.

2  Thank BongaC
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friend and I had breakfast at the Atlantic Grill twice during our Newport vacation. The place was packed at 10:30 a.m. on both days; a good sign. I enjoyed French toast drizzled with vanilla yogurt and topped off with fresh strawberries, blueberries and bananas. My buddy had pancakes and was pleased with them. On the second visit, I decided on a healthy option of oatmeal with fresh fruit. The oatmeal was nicely done and the fruit was very fresh. My buddy got eggs and hash browns that were perfectly prepared. The service was excellent too.