“The Best Place in Our Town for Any Meal, Seven Days a Week...and you get to see the people you know there.”
Review of Atlantic Grille

Atlantic Grille
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Have been going to this restaurant for decades, watched it evolve through many different stages---all good. Miss the open kitchen, but that's progress.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Enjoyed the Chowder and the Fish and Chips - all at a very reasonable price

Reviewed October 12, 2011

The place is clean and has a very good service, the atmosphere is also very nice but the food disappoints compared to the rest. I have ordered a sirloin steak and repeated my request to have it done no more the medium and specifically stated it should be a bit bleeding in the middle. They made it well done. The least I expect is my food to be made accurately.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were in Middletown/Newport for one night. We had lunch one day and breakfast the next here. The food tasted great and the restaurant was nice and clean. We ordered the calamari, chowder, and fish and chips for lunch. It was very fresh tasting. The beer battered fish was cooked perfectly and the batter didn't overpower the fish, like I usually find with this type of meal. The chowder also tasted great. I probably would ask for a different sauce if I was to order the calamari again, but I am not a sweet sauce person. For breakfast we got an omelette and eggs benny. The sauce on the benny was very good. Definitely tasted homemade. Both breakfasts were very good. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We loved the Atlantic Grille when we visited Newport in previous years -- excellent breakfasts that you had to wait for if you wanted one, tight tables, clunky coffee mugs, an all-around unique experience with a great reward: chorizo hash, my favorite. On our last visit in mid-September we found the place had expanded and become much more polished. We still ordered breakfast and it was still great with good service. I can't speak to the bar or dinner fare but we did not find the "Applebee's-By-The-Sea" decor an improvement. Will we return? Yes, of course, for breakfast but if they screw that up we'll find someplace else.