“Friendly atmosphere, varied menu with something for everyone, & delicious food!”
Review of Atlantic Grille

Atlantic Grille
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The Atlantic Grille used to only be open for breakfast and on weekends the line would be out the door. They redid the restaurant and are now also open for lunch and dinner. The decor is great, using old and collectible surfboards, old photos of the area, etc. with a seaside feeling. The menu has everything from interesting salads, pasta dishes, meat dishes and lots of seafood. My husband and I ate here a couple of weeks ago and had a delicious meal. We started with some fired Cajun oysters, he had a sea bass special and I had a seafood scampi dinner. It was all fantastic and my husband had the leftovers from my pasta dish for lunch the next day. This past weekend I took friends from out-of-town and again we had a fabulous meal. Two of the women got a scallop dish with spinach, tomatoes, and cheese that they absolutely raved about. Another woman had the Baked sea scallops that she said were the best she had ever had, fresh and delicious. I got the Jack Daniels salmon and that, too, was perfectly cooked, flavorful but not overwhelming. At the end of the meal we split a Bread Pudding and the serving was too much for even four of us! Scrumptious! The waitress was very sweet when we asked her to take our picture and even suggested a nice bench where we could all sit. Atlantic Grille is the place we will continue to take our out-of-town guests as well as our local friends. I can't wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for Atlantic Grille

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My relatives and I visited the Atlantic Grille for breakfast this past weekend and it was fantastic. The restaurant has ample free parking and is newly renovated in a fun surfer style. We waited a few minutes for a table for three at 9:00 on Sunday morning and when seated, were quickly served coffee and water. The menu is pretty typical - lots of eggs, bacon, omelets - but the food is very well prepared, the portions are seriously huge, and they incorporate local ingredients like chourico. I highly recommend the Gooseberry Beach - a large bowl of sliced fresh fruit (no frozen fruit, no mushy fruit, no huge pieces of cantaloupe that make it seem like they are giving you more than they actually are), vanilla yogurt, and crispy yummy granola (probably not house made, but still good). This would have been enough, but it also came with two eggs any style, spicy housemade hash browns, 3 pieces of bacon, and toast. This was seriously enough food for 2 people, or possibly 2 plus a child. One of my dining companions had eggs Benedict - she really enjoyed them, and they came with hash browns and toast. The omelets are enormous and made with real ingredients. This is a great place to come after a late night, or to tank up for a big day on the beach or walking around Newport. Highly recommend the breakfast and I look forward to trying their lunch menu soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We tried the Atlantic Grille for the first time Labor Day week-end. Stopped in for take out lunch Sunday. We both got the Sid Fishous? wrap. It was very good, and the service pleasant and quick. We were so impressed, we went back for breakfast Monday morning. Again, quick, friendly service. The food was very good, with ample portions. The coffee was even very hot, which is very important to me. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Give breakfast a chance here and order a specialty item like the benedict with the cornbread. Dinner is not great and the seafood is not up to par given its location near the ocean.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Went with my husband and 1&1/2 yr old. Great, great service, the waitress brought me the extra plate and coffee without us asking. She was on top of her game.
I had a Greek omelet and my husband had eggs and pancake combo. Great food, great prices and awesome service.