“Fun place, great view”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Cute spot near the beach. the food was mainly fried. Good, casual seafood place to hang out and watch the ocean. Would go back.

There are newer reviews for Flo's Clam Shack

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The service was ok and there was a long wait for the food. The food was ok, way too much breading, and was overpriced. The drinks were overpriced as well. Not sure if I would return there.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a rainy day so no lines but it would have been worth a wait. During our whole travel we ate a total of 10 lobster rolls and this was head and shoulders better than anywhere else. I'm talking death row last meal kind of great food. The portions were unbelievable and the place has a cute atmosphere and great service. The fried clams were sweet and tender and the fish was gobbled up by my "not a seafood fan" 12 yr old son.

1  Thank Pennconsota
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I can't rave enough about this local source for excellent clams, cooked in a way one cannot buy inland. Fried or steamed, with fries and stuffies (Stuffed Quahogs). Clams! They also sell Moët Chandon champagne if you care to buy!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was really looking forward to eating at Flo's since it looks like a mom and pop kind of place. The prices weren't bad but the food was just okay. The chowder was not near as good as other Newport restaurants (Black Pearl has the BEST!). I got a lobster roll as my meal (first one ever) and it was good, hard to go wrong with lobster. The mayo didn't come mixed with the lobster, I had to put it on top, not like a lobster salad type of thing which is how they usually are according to my native New England boyfriend. The service was not the nicest and were very lazy. The raw bar wasn't open the night we went so I'll definitely be back to try that.