“Scrumptious”

Becky's BBQ
Ranked #3 of 88 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 9, 2013

First, let me say how bummed I am that I have not discovered this place sooner in my 5.5 years of being a Rhode Islander! I was very satisfied with this place.

You walk in and walk right up to the counter and they have a menu there or a stack of them so you can pick out what you want. I ordered rib tips which came with choice of 2 sides from either mashed potatoes, potato salad, coleslaw (no mayo), beans, or corn. Between the meal and a sweet tea it was slightly under $10! Cheap!

Food comes out fast and piping hot. There is a couple sauces available on the table as well. I enjoyed my meal very much. The rib tips had lots of flavor to them. This is a cute and quaint little place that definitely can be busy at times. Their lunch plates are reasonably priced as well and cannot wait to find an excuse to go down there for lunch one day. They do take out as well and have a website that has the full menu on it. I cannot wait to go back to try some more of their stuff without breaking the bank!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went here based on reviews. The place is small, but there are tables to sit at. Had the rib-tips and bbq pork sandwich. The sandwich was good because it wasn't dripping in sauce. You could add your own afterwards. The rib tips were ok. Only three choices of sauces to add. Would have liked a spicy sauce. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Their food is authentic, very reasonably priced and delicious. No need to go to Kansas City, Texas, North Carolina, West Virginia or anywhere else--this is it!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great BBQ pulled beef, chicken and pork. Becky's Three-Bean Bake is in the running for the best barbecue beans anywhere.

2  Thank AprMay22
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went for dinner after hearing recommendations. Probably would have been hesitant to go if we hadn't heard such great reviews, as Becky's is situated in a small house, with VERY limited parking. We went for an early dinner, so the restaurant was empty when we got there. However, the food exceeded our expectations (and the great reviews we had heard). And it was clear that Becky's is a popular takeout spot, as there was a steady stream of people leaving with takeout bags while we ate. The food was fantastic (especially the cornbread), and the prices just couldn't be beat! We will definitely return when we get back to the Newport area.