“Great Ribs and Sides”

Becky's BBQ
Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband is a ribs aficionado and he gave Becky's a two thumbs up. Great value for money, nice, prompt service. I especially recommend the beans, cornbread and potato salad as sides. We drove there from "downtown" Newport and it was worth it, an easy drive. Eat-in, take out. The sauces were ho-hum, nothing special, I didn't particularly care for them but that's a minor consideration in my mind.

2  Thank Mesh_10
There are newer reviews for Becky's BBQ

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Went to Becky's in the attempt to find some good BBQ in New England(a tough thing to do for sure)

When we pulled up my husband was really surprised since it looked like a house. The smell that was coming from it was great! Nice smoky meat cooking I couldn't wait to try it.

The place inside is SMALL. I mean SMALL. The prices were great and we sat down at our table and dug in. YUM! The food is really good here. There is a picture of Becky on the wall and later I found out that she passed away not too long ago. Well, I can say that her family should be proud that they serve such great food in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.

I have been back since and will keep going back. I am glad I finally found a good BBQ place especially in New England!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stopped by Becky's last night after reading great reviews on here. As I walked up to the door, I could smell how good the meal was going to be. The girl behind the counter was perfectly helpful and funny in helping me order for my family. I ordered 4 dinner plates (pulled pork, rib tips, pulled chicken and the chicken wing special). Each came with 2 sides and we had 2 homemade sweet teas and 2 bottles of water for a total of $33. Everything was AMAZING! The family favorites were the pulled pork, the beans (best beans I have ever had!) and the corn bread. Don't miss this place!!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

We've been hunting around Newport and Middletown for some time now, trying to figure out where the "best" spots are. The "Best of Newport" type lists and ratings have definitely failed us (Franklin Spa?).

Becky's was great start-to-finish. Most importantly, the food is outstanding. So far we've only had the "pulled" dishes - pork, brisket, chicken - but over several visits it has been consistently excellent. And we fashion ourselves as somewhat of bbq experts, so we can definitely say this is a "best" of hundreds of places we've been around the country.

I wouldn't try to bring a larger family to eat here. The seating area is clean but extremely informal and cramped. It would probably be a bit of an uncomfortable experience, bumping elbows, etc. The place seems set up for takeout. The perfect spot I would think, if you're renting in Newport with a family and want to bring in dinner. The portions go a long way, and their sides are great, also.

One really nice thing is that each of their pulled meat sandwiches can be ordered in different sizes. There is a "small" portion that is, indeed, small, but maybe not bad for a small lunch, and it's $2. I thought that was great. 1/3 the price of a Subway sandwich and 100x better.

This place is on my speed dial now.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I was really surprised to try ribs that were not smothered in rib sauce. These ribs had huge chunks of meat and the meat was really good and tastey. The restaurant does serve sauce on the side too. It was such a nice change to try ribs that were not the typical fast food restaurant ribs. I can't wait to try the other food items on the menu.