“Probably my favorite food stop on the island”
Review of Sweet Berry Farm

Sweet Berry Farm
Ranked #4 of 27 things to do in Middletown
More attraction details
Owner description: Sweet Berry Farm is a post-and-beam farm market and café situated on 100 acres of conserved farmland. We are located only a short distance from downtown Newport and the island's beaches. From our market we sell our own freshly grown seasonal fresh fruits, vegetables, cut flowers, as well as a variety of gourmet and specialty foods. The pick-your-own season spans from June through December. Our barn and orchard offer two picturesque settings for your wedding or special event.
Lansing, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Probably my favorite food stop on the island”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I love Sweet Berry. They are out of town away from the chaos and have much to offer. My particular favorite is their Clam Chowder. The broth is thin and the herbs just give it a little extra something special. They have plenty of food items to choose from including sandwiches, bakery items, salads, fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh ice cream....to much to name. Honestly it is not my husband's favorite place--he prefers a place that offers burgers and chicken fingers--but he knows how much I love it so he goes with the flow. I only visit Aquidneck once a year and I always make sure to visit Sweet Berry. If we had more time I would probably pick berries while there. You can also sit outside at a picnic table or in the grass if you like! Peaceful and delicious.

Visited July 2014

New York, New York, United States
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 193 helpful votes
“Great Ice Cream, Fresh Salads, and More!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

After touring Whitehall Museum House in Middletown, RI, we took the advice of the docents to check out Sweet Berry Farm for a very late breakfast. WE ARE SO GLAD WE DID! The Farm cafe has some of the best homemade ice cream and sorbets as well as a nice fresh selection of salads and hot foods. Definitely would recommend the fresh Strawberry & Raspberry Goat Cheese Salad, homemade macaroni salad, breakfast croissant sandwiches and iced coffee. In fact, there strawberries were just so good, we returned the following morning to pack in some fresh fruit for our drive back to New York. If you like to do your own fruit picking, this is the place to come. Service was just great and the little farm stand market attached to the cafe has all the staples you need as well as prepared foods to go. You will not be disappointed!

Visited July 2014
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Outstanding taste”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The homemade ice cream was heavenly. Couldn't resist eating it again, me and my friend finished it and got ourselves another.

1 Thank Yumna S
Corpus Christi, Texas
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Apple picking”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had a great time picking apples at the Sweet Berry Farm. We were looking for something a little different to do in Newport and this was perfect and just about a 15 minute drive away. For a small price they give you a bag and you can pick as many apples as you can fit in your bag. And the apples were delicious!!

Visited October 2013
Albany, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great place to stop on the way to 3rd beach”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We are just back from our 3rd summer vacation to Newport and Sweet Berry Farm is one of our must stop destinations. We found it by accident but now make it a regular part of our visit to Newport. Great place for lunch or ice cream. Hot and cold options, good sandwiches and fair prices. Pick blueberries or peaches with the kids. We picked up lunch all 3 days we went to the 3rd beach as they are very close.

Visited August 2013