“Nice Hotel Outside of Newport RI”

Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Very nice hotel just outside of Newport. Everything was clean and appeared newly remodeled. There was always someone walking around taking care of the property by vacuuming and cleaning. Excellent morning breakfast with a large area to eat. Staff was super friendly and kind. There was a shuttle to town, but we chose not to use it. It was $3.00 per person each way. It was cheaper for us to drive our car into town. We stayed two days and never had a hard time with parking. The shuttle only drops off in one spot and by driving we were able to drive to the beach, the cliff walk and travel out ocean drive. It was about $9. to park one afternoon we were there to visit Thames Street. We stayed about 3 hrs. I will stay here again.

1  Thank Lisa L
Carl S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank-you for your remarkable comments and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities. It will be our pleasure to be of service in the near future and we appreciate your loyalty.We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel is in a good location for visiting Newport. Bigger rooms than in Newport at a lower price and only 2.5 miles from Newport. Nice room (one BR suite with sofabed) but I think they could do without the coffee table in the living room as it makes it a little tight. Breakfast was the usual for a Hampton Inn - make your own pancakes, three or four hot dishes, cereal, breads, muffins, pastry, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, etc. Always enough for everyone. The room was clean. The a/c was noisy. The room was very quiet though - apparently, there was a thunderstorm one night when we were there and we didn't even know it, and we were on the top floor. Two phones in the room - the one by the beds did not work at all and the one of the desk had a dial tone but we couldn't get through to anyone. I used my cell phone to call the hotel and they sent someone up (we also asked for extra towels). The desk phone only works for inside calls if you dial zero and ask for who you need - the express buttons don't work. The bed phone was broken and since it was 10PM, they said they would replace it the next day (when we left three days later it still hadn't been replaced). The drain in the tub didn't work - my son was standing in three inches of water when he tried to shower. Maintenance came up and fixed it right away. They have safe deposit boxes at the front desk but no safe in the room, which I prefer. Our view was of houses in a local neighborhood. This hotel is right on a main road with an Applebees next door and pizza across the street if you're hungry and don't want to try, but be careful crossing the busy road. Overall, it was a good price for a clean, comfortable place.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gloreeea

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. We apologize for the incident’s you experienced with your room, while staying at our facility. It is our goal to meet all requests and exceed all expectations of every guest; we share and understand your disappointment. We also appreciate your honesty in this review as it is comments like these which help us improve. Please feel free to contact us directly prior to your next arrival; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My experience at the Hampton Inn in Middleton, RI was by far one of the best I have ever experienced. The staff was more than helpful and everything in the entire hotel was spotless. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Hampton Inn & Suites Newport-Middletown. I am so glad to see that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel. I am happy that our staff, complimentary wifi, breakfast, and spacious rooms at our hotel met your needs. We take pride on how well we maintain a great hotel! Thank you for your positive feedback! I hope you will come back with us again.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff is exceptional and the property is very well maintained with ideal amenities. I would highly recommend this property to friends and family and would definitely stay there on my next visit to Newport.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Carl S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

I am thrilled to hear that our Hampton Inn has made your standards. Thank you for noticing the pride we take in keeping our rooms in great shape! We make it a point to make sure that our rooms are clean and that our staff is ready to provide great service. I am so happy to hear that you will recommend our Hampton Inn to your family and friends! We stride to make sure all of our guests are 100% satisfied. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is consistently above par in customer service and cleanliness. Efficient and friendly check in and housekeeping staff very courteous during encounters in hallway. Breakfast attendants on Friday morning and Saturday were extremely friendly and asked if we needed any assistance with breakfast options. Hotel itself is very clean and for the number of guests very very quiet at night. Great location to Newport and area attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Carl S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

I am glad the staff went ‘over-the –top” for you. The friendly staff is part of the Hamptonality that Hampton Inns are known for. I will be certain to share your positive comments with our staff. I hope that we can accommodate you on your next trip to Newport. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

When in Newport I love to stay in town but over the years, Newport if out-pricing a whole population of travelers (professionals but not 1%ers). The Hampton is a great choice as it is so close to everything and held up to the reliable Hampton quality. Staff was great, property is up-to-date if not new. It has a very nice lap pool that has plenty of room as well as a fitness room. I found the beds very comfortable and I am picky. All in all, a great stay.

1  Thank Joyanne_11

We are so pleased that you had such a great time! We appreciate your recognition of our staff and efforts to make your stay enjoyable. It is great to hear that you were able to take pleasure in our free hot breakfast, along with the great local restaurants and local attractions that are all minutes away! It would be our pleasure to be of service to you in the near future and we appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had a great experience at the Hampton Inn in Mystic Ct. and they recommended the Hampton Inn in Middletown Rhode Island for the next night's stay. My 87year old mother and I were driving to Newport and we were told the Hampton Inn had a shuttle bus that could drive us into Newport for dinner and return us to hotel. This hotel is a few miles outside of Newport but the shuttle bus sounded like a great idea. After checking in and going to our room the front desk called to say they had no more room on the bus for us. No one ever mentioned this was a possibility and now we were several miles from Newport and would have to drive at night. I asked the Manager, Mr. Carl Stoker, to deduct the $20 cab fee from our room since he couldn't accommodate us on the bus. He refused to do this. I think this is very poor management on his part since we then checked out. Hampton Inn lost a good customer and the night's room fee. This hotel manager needs some PR training!

2  Thank Cheryl B

Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to ensure all of our guests are completely satisfied and I'm sorry we were unable to live up to our own high standards in this regard. Please give us another chance to wow you! The next time you are in the area, call and ask for the General Manager . I will personally make sure your stay is a fantastic one. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#4 of 21 in Newport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown? Share your experiences!