“Great service at Hampton Inn/Middletown”

Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Toronto, Canada
“Great service at Hampton Inn/Middletown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

The staff & service at this hotel were great! Very welcoming, friendly & courteous. The hallway & lobby are well-maintained and very clean. And the rooms are clean, modern and spacious - which really helps when travelling with lots of luggage!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Carl S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Hampton Inn & Suites Newport-Middletown. I am so glad to see that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel. I am happy that our staff, complimentary wifi, breakfast, and spacious rooms at our hotel met your needs. We take pride on how well we maintain a great hotel! Thank you for your positive feedback! I hope you will come back with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Wahington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Don't know about other reviewers but our family had 2 rooms on the third floor-322/325 and they were just fine! The rooms are updated with flat screen TVs, microwave and fridge, coffeemaker, very nice bathroom and 2 queen size beds, very comfortable with 3 pillows with differing softness and very nice duvets. Could have slept 4 very comfortably if needed. I really liked being able to control the heat/ac with a wall thermostat instead of the controls on the unit - it kept the room just the temp we wanted. Also has a cool thing that if you put just the fan on in the bathroom, a light above the tub goes on as a really good nightlight if you have people who could use one. Also has a very good b'fast included and a large room with lots of tables so no waiting to eat! For dinner Applebees is right next door and Ruby Tuesday is just down the street for chains but there are lots of places to eat very near. We stayed here for 3 nights and would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return! Thanks to guests like you, we remain #1 amongst all the other choices and we are very proud of that! You can always count on our Hampton for our 24 hour coffee station, clean comfortable beds, free hot breakfast, and friendly staff. We are glad you enjoyed being so close to local restaurants and attractions. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Marlboro, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have stayed in the Hampton Inn in South Kingston which my family and I go to every time we are in Rhode Island. We decided to stay closer to Newport being that that is where we were planning to spend majority of our time. BIG MISTAKE. This Hampton Inn fell WAY below my expectations as a guest. The room smelt like body odor and did not meet the request of two double beds which I had specifically asked for when booking my reservation. The one "double" bed consisted of a bed not even the size of a queen and I had 3 people, including myself, sleeping in that room. When I went to the front desk to complain about the smell and the lack of sleeping space, the worker offered to have someone come and deodorize the room whcih would take over an hour (and mind you it was 11pm) or the other option was to put a car freshener clip on the radiator in the room and febreeze the carpets. At this point, my family and I were exhausted so I agreed to the freshener clip and febreeze. When we got back to the room, we waited 20 minutes for maintenance to come before we started dialing every hotel near our area to find some place else to sleep. If we didn't end up getting a room at the Homewood Suites across the street, I would have rather taken my family back to my daughters dorm room at the University of Rhode Island to sleep. This Hampton Inn was a HUGE disappointment and should be ashamed to even offer guests these poor conditons.

2 Thank Samantha R
Carl S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Scarborough, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at Hampton Inn in Middleton while visiting colleges in Rhode Island. Our stay was excellent, clean , updated, comfortable room, nice breakfast, friendly staff and perfect location, a few minutes drive to Newport. We would stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our free hot breakfast, complimentary wifi , friendly staff, and comfortable rooms! Our location is ideal for visiting many of the colleges in the local area! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at many Hampton Inns. This Hampton Inn was asthetically pleasing on the outside while not so on the inside. The lobby is a nice area. When we opened the door to our room we were hit by an awful odor of bleach and old smoke. Also, our room was roasting and the thermostat would not cool the room. We did mention this at check out. The water pressure was marginal and there was no shower cap. The latter being a minor and silly negative but one thing I like about Hampton Inns. Also, the hot water container in the lobby must have contained coffee at one time as my tea tasted like coffee. We were excited that this was a "free" points weekend but it was a bit of a dud.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jennifer H
Carl S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this review, March 8, 2016
Thank you for our review of our property. I apologize for the issues you experienced and will pass them along to the staff to ensure they don't reoccur. If you would like to further discuss these issues, I would be happy to speak to you regarding them. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again soon.
Dorset, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This hotel surpassed my expectations. It was clean, in good repair, staff helpful and great location all for a great price. The only downside was the breakfast which was totally depleted by the time we got down (8:30 on a Saturday). We waited and finally asked for them to bring some yogurt. The hot eggs came out cold. Other than that I would highly recommend this hotel. Just be prepared and stick to the cold offerings.

1 Thank Megan T
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We apologize for the incident you experienced in breakfast while staying at our facility. It is our goal to meet all requests and exceed all expectations of every guest; we share and understand your disappointment. We also appreciate your honesty in this review as it is comments like these which help us improve. Please feel free to contact us directly prior to your next arrival; we look forward to welcoming you back!
Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for family business. We have come to rely on Hampton's for the consistency in nice, clean comfortable rooms, as well as the complimentary breakfast. When we travel, we often have to get an early start in the morning and it is nice to know we can enjoy the convenience of the breakfast buffet. Although it is not the best food, it will do and we always manage to find something satisfying to get us off to a good start. We also enjoy the complimentary tea, coffee, fruit and cookies that are offered in the lobby. We were upgraded to a queen suite room, which was a nice bonus! The room was great, and I only wish we had know about this room type when our children were younger. It is an ideal set-up for families traveling with young children. My only two complaints about our visit is that the pillow was too thick and firm, and the oatmeal was too watery. The pillow complaint is pretty standard for hotels (at least for me, so I usually bring my own). We had an early breakfast, so I think the oatmeal just wasn't ready yet, so I made another choice. Overall, a great experience and would stay here again and recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write a review! I appreciate your comments and we value your opinion’s. We strive to create value for our guests with our clean and comfortable rooms, great rates and complimentary amenities. I am pleased to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your time here. Thank you for your recommendations on breakfast, as it is comments like these that help us improve. We hope to be of service to you both again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#3 of 21 in Newport
Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown? Share your experiences!