“Newport Hampton Inn”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Pasadena
“Newport Hampton Inn”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

As always the stay was perfect. I have stayed here more than a dozen times and it is always a pleasure to stay. It is close to downtown without the downtown price. Breakfast is great with hot food. Rooms are clean and the suites are excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BonnieBrake, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites. We know you have a choice when coming to Newport and we appreciate that you choose us to stay with us. As you know, we offer a few upgraded hot breakfast items as well healthy alternatives like hot oatmeal and fresh fruit. On your next summertime visit, make sure you catch a ride to downtown or Easton’s beach on our hotel shuttle. Thanks again for you feedback, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Regards,
Kate Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Wallingford
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for a couple nights so that we could take a look at the Newport mansions, which were less than 5 miles away. We were both surprised at how clean the place was right from when we walked in the front door. We got in at 9PM and wanted to relax for a bit so we tried out the hot tub which was open until 10. It felt great after being on the road for a couple hours.

Breakfast was decent, nothing too fancy but they had a good selection of yogurt, cereal, fruit, and some hot food which wasn't as appetizing.

The king sized bed was comfortable and we didn't want to leave it in the morning! The room was so clean. We were surprised to find that they change the sheets on the beds every single day even if you're staying multiple nights. It was nice having a coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave, and HD tv in our room. I would highly recommend staying here if you're visiting the mansions or cliff walk. The Hampton offers many extra amenities at the same cost as many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Newport Middletown. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide our guests with a positive experience. The Hampton Inn has the "Cloud 9" beds and I'm pleased you loved the comfort of it as much as we do! Hopefully next visit you can enjoy our indoor pool along with the relaxing the hot tub.
We hope to see you again in the future if your plans bring you back to the Newport/Middletown area. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance and again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
Regards,
Kate Smith
Director of Sales
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed for 3 days, on our last day at breakfast time, one, if not the only server they had approached our table, she was clearly drunk or hangover, she spooked my kids, we tried to ignored her but she continue to come back, I finally, asked her to leave us alone. Also the homefries were under cooked and the oatmeal was like concrete. After all our stayed was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BonnieBrake, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We strive to deliver unparalleled service and professionalism to all guests of the Hampton Inn & Suites. I am actively investigating this issue. Due to the nature of your review it would be beneficial to speak with you personally so I can obtain some additional information regarding this. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Kind Regards,
Bonnie Brake
Phone: 401.551.9205
Email: bonnie.brake@hilton.com
Dayton Ohio
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here for a week while doing business at the navy base. Hotel was clean, breakfast was good. Mostly business people staying there. This Hampton is sort of in the middle of the city. There is a Applebees right next door. About a 10 minute drive to the base. My only complaint is that the Hotel has a 72 hour cancellation policy. I had to cancel one trip here due to a flight/weather issue and called hilton honors but they said I had to call the hotel direct so I believe this is an independent property and I do not care for the 72 hour cancellation policy. But after explaining the issue to the hotel they did cancel the previously scheduled stay with no fee..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hampton Roads
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here as a waypoint in our travels to see family.

This was our first visit to the area. We were well treated by all the staff an received a room upgrade through my Hilton membership.

The staff provided accurate directions to the Cliff Walk and area attractions. They also offered good advice for food.

I was pleased with the location and would definitely stay here again if we visit te area.

Many thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed November 2012
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We just popped in for a quick Saturday night stay. The hotel is very convenient and is only about a 5 minute drive to the center of Newport. We stayed in a King Bed Studio Suite, which was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable, and the sitting area, was nice, too. The bathroom was a little small, but I would rather have the space the room, then in the bathroom. I used the wifi in the room, but it was a little spotty. This didn't really bother me, as it was free. The breakfast the next morning was great, with a nice selection of Oatmeal, Waffles, Eggs, pastries, bread, etc. In total the stay was great and I would definitely stay there again if coming back to Newport!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend in October. I thought the bed was very comfortable, micro wave in room, breakfast was very good and the reception staff were exemplary. Extremely good value for money and would definately stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nickbethesda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
#7 of 18 in Middletown
Hotel Viking
Hotel Viking
#5 of 21 in Newport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown? Share your experiences!