Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
$129
$110
$85
Residence Inn Newport Middletown(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$242
The Sea Breeze Inn(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$225
Orbitz.com
$181
$176
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelcookiescomplimentary breakfastvery clean hotelrhode islandoatmealconvenient locationwould stay here againexcellent staycomfortable bedsfitness centershuttle serviceminute driveclose to downtownpool and hot tubthe breakfast area
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We like Hamptons and this is a very good one.Clean through out. Appears to be fairly new. We had a top floor king. A good size room with great king bed, stuffed chair, desk/chair, fridge/micro. Good lighting. A Clean/warm pool/hot tub with plenty of towels. While all the Hamptons we have tried have good breakfast and friendly staff this one was a cut above.Just a Great place. Location: all motels in Middletown are next to Newport there is not a poor location in town(some of the motels are only so so) most are even on the same road so any and all would be well located.This Hampton is very fairly priced for the level of service and the quality of the accommodations We Love Newport and will stay at this Hampton again and again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank littlefield3
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here over the Presidents' Day weekend and were mostly pleased with our stay. The hotel was very easy to find, convenient to downtown Newport and check in went smoothly. It appears that the hotel has undergone a bit of a renovation; carpets and furnishings looked mostly new and unworn.

Our room was spacious (a one room king suite) and spotlessly clean. We always ask for extra pillows and towels when making a reservation and were pleased to find this hadn't been overlooked. Furnishings in the room were in good shape, the bed comfortable and even the pillows not too bad. I did have to say something to the housekeeping team about the corner sheet on our bed, which was clearly too small and came undone several times in the night. I suspect they put a queen sheet on a king bed. It was fixed for the 2nd night of our stay.

What we noticed shortly after settling into the room was the degree of noise coming from adjoining rooms on either side of us. People talking next door could be heard more clearly than one would have expected, even though they were not raising their voices. We noticed our room joined to the next via a shared door. The acoustics of this setup and the location of the door probably made the problem worse. This was at the far end of the room, away from the bed, but we could also hear conversations from the folks on the other side of the wall. This wasn't a problem at night when trying to sleep, but it did undermine some much needed quiet time we had been seeking.

The room has a sofa bed which wasn't too bad, but the couch could have used corner pillows to make it more comfortable when watching TV. I noticed that there is a cold breeze that comes through the exterior wall beneath the heat/ac unit. Have a feeling that this could get uncomfortable when sitting there on a bitter cold night. Fortunately we're having a mild winter here in the northeast, but you could definitely feel the cold air flowing in from outside.

The breakfast buffet was solid, nothing fancy, but a tasty. A nice assortment of hot and cold choices that was well maintained by a hard working staff member. I appreciated that they had some healthy choices of food, including fresh fruit and yogurt. The tables were cleaned quickly when someone departed. The serving area and dining room are large enough so that you don't feel overcrowded.

We did not go into the pool as this being a long weekend, the hotel was abundant with young children who took full advantage of the water. A relaxing swim was out of the question. I will say that from afar we could see the spa running and it seemed exceedingly foamy, which is an indication that it's time to change the water. I would not have ventured into the spa just based on that observation.

Overall it was a nice stay. The hotel is clean and comfortable. A great place to enjoy a trip to the area, but I think I'd be more inclined to seek out a different hotel on my next visit to the area, just based on the noise level of our room.

Room Tip: If I went next time I'd ask for a room that didn't have one adjoining it. That might help with the noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bobw235
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Took my grandsons for a birthday special day to the Hampton Inn to get some swimtime in.
The check in was fast, efficent, my reservations were exactly what they promised. Pool area, with hot tub was very clean and well maintained. Room was clean, large enough for the kids to enjoy themselves. Also in the room is the fridge & microwave, next time I'll bring snacks. The free breakfast in the morning is a plus, as there are many choices for the little ones to pick from. This was a great off season surprise that both the boys enjoyed, for a break from the winter blues.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband and I booked a mini-suite for 3 nights over the New Year's weekend. The first night was fine and our last night as well but on New Year's Eve several families checked in for one night and the parents plunked themselves on the couches in the lobby and drank and watched TV while their children were supervised by a 17 & 18 year old who from the glum expressions on their faces wanted to be anywhere but there. Right after they checked in the doors started slamming and the kids ran back and forth down the hallway. I called the front desk to try and change our room but al other suites with the exception of smoking rooms were taken. We told the woman of the noise but nothing was done to address it. Finally I went into the hall and told the kids to stop slamming doors. One said sorry, the rest made faces. A short time later they started playing street hockey in the hall and my husband went out and told them to stop. After several hours we were leaving for our dinner and dancing reservations but stopped at the front desk to let staff know of the continuing noise. We were out for 7 hours and returned to find all the kids in the hall with a radio playing and in and out of each other’s rooms. We called down to the front desk (the parents were still enjoying their alcoholic beverages and the couches and TV in the lobby) and asked that someone come up and speak to the kids. The night shift clerk came up with a mother who tried to convince him the children were supervised but he told them they had to go into their rooms and stay out of the hallway. Fortunately they checked out early on New Year's Day and we had peace and quiet restored. When we checked out on Monday I spoke with the front desk manager and she removed the cost of the second night of our stay. I would caution those planning to go on a weekend or during school vacation periods that this sort of situation might again arise. Management really needs to look into doing something with the doors because others on our floor and below were letting them slam and it actually shakes the room.
That said, it is located not far from downtown Newport, the beaches and nature preserves. The mini-suite had a wet bar with frig, microwave, coffee maker, couch, tables and good lighting as well as a desk, flat screen TV, good size closet and dresser space and comfy bed.
Breakfast was the usual, they could use a second waffle machine and additional help when the place is booked up as they kept running out of everything (food, butter, coffee cups, etc.) and the poor woman working was running like crazy to try and keep things replenished.
The lobby is nicely furnished and there is a pool, whirlpool and fitness room.
I would go back again but not weekends or school vacation periods unless management cracks down on unruly guests.

Room Tip: mini suites are not much more than regular rooms so I would book one of these plus they are located at the far end of the building away from the street
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeaganLeigh
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here over the New Year holiday while we were sightseeing in the Mystic CT area. As usual, this Hampton Inn was a good value for the area, offering the typically clean rooms and hot breakfast. This hotel is decorated nicely and has a fresh updated appearance. It is well located to serve as home base for seeing all the tourist spots in Rhode Island and the Connecticut shore area. One minor irritation though: at the breakfast buffet area, two of the guests were getting their food while in bare feet despite signs stating shoes are required. A complaint to the manager did nothing!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family