“Nice Staff”

Travelodge Middletown Newport Area
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel maybe older but the place is well maintained, the staff went out the their way to make sure my stay was wonderful. The room was clean and well kept, the bed was very nice. The room was cleaned everyday to a high standard. I will stay there again next time I am in Newport.
Don From Duluth MN.

Room Tip: Book the room directly with the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Middletown Newport Area

Reviewed July 3, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Gals weekend trip to Newport. Hotel was super clean and a great value for Newport area. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The furnishings and bed were nice but the room was very musty (humid).Easy loading of luggage on main level. Front desk personnel are very nice. Good Location. Our room had a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was OK nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Pros: we needed a motel with 2 queen beds in a room for my parents and sister so we booked this hotel. I stayed in a room with 1 queen bed. It is budget friendly and very close to downtown Newport, furnishings look modern and recently updated and clean, comfortable. Bathroom was a nice size and clean, a must for me! Bed and linens were fairly comfortable. Room had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, but I only used the fridge. I was able to park right outside my room which is very convenient. There is also a pool but no one used it, it was a very rainy weekend. Free basic breakfast. The staff at the front desk were very friendly.
Cons: Room was very damp/humid all weekend-I attribute that partly to the very rainy weekend and also showering makes the room more damp. My clothing smelled musty from the room. Right after I checked in I noticed a few dead flies and a bee under the desk, a dead spider in the bathroom. The next day my husband killed 2 spiders near the bed. It's Spring so bugs come out but there's no excuse for dead bugs under the desk. Also as a non-smoker, I wished the help would not congregate at the stairs near my room to smoke in the mornings because I had to walk through it everyday, going to my car or going to breakfast. They have free HBO but it didn't work in my room, I was too lazy to call the front desk.

Room Tip: Tip to travelers, ask for a room outside and upstairs for less noise and probably less bugs, or INSI...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Travelodge_Newport, Manager at Travelodge Middletown Newport Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for leaving us such a candid review. We are pleased you liked the Location of our hotel and our friendly staff coupled with other amenities. I do apologize for discomfort and inconvenience you might have experienced due to problems related to the heavy rain. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. I assure you, the concerns will duly be forwarded to the appropriate department, and we are going to necessitate remedial action at the earliest.
Nick
Travelodge
Middletown, RI

Reviewed June 7, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge_Newport, Manager at Travelodge Middletown Newport Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Quality Inn & Suites Middletown - Newport
Mainstay Hotel & Conference Center
Newport Ambassador Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown

Been to Travelodge Middletown Newport Area? Share your experiences!