Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport
Average 3/5
Bay Willows Inn(Middletown)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewschili's restaurantbagelsfree breakfastdvd playerparking lotneeded a place to staybreakfast roomminute drivewould stay here againking beddesk stafffridge and microwavedecent hotelcoffee makerthe room was nicenice sizefront desk clerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed here for two nights during a three-week stay with my son and family who had moved to Connecticut early in 2009.

For the price, the comfort and facilities were first class and spotlessly clean. Queen size bed, microwave, coffee machine, TV/ Radio, fridge/freezer. hair dryer, etc.
An excellent buffet breakfast, access to indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi, internet access from your room and friendly, helpful reception staff. Close to the attractions of Newport and an excellent selection of restaurants.

Our stay here, made our first visit to Rhode Island really special.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2010

The room was clean, the service was friendly, and a continental breakfast is included too. We stayed on the 2nd floor, away from the traffic. The room had a mini microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. The continental breakfast was average, lots of starch (muffins, cereal, cinnamon buns, yogurt)…the scrambled eggs were a little weird (consistency)…but overall a good value for the money. Would return again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I want to write a review about this hotel b/c I look at these reviews all of the time for tips for my vacations.
My husband & I stayed this past weekend for a nice Newport weekend getaway.
We stayed in the king suite w/ jacuzzi. It was a great room for the money & location.
It is literally 5 minutes from downtown Newport.
The grounds are very neat & clean. The indoor heated pool looked very nice but, we did not have time to swim.
The continental breakfast in the morning was not bad either for free.

The Inns & hotels downtown are double what we payed.
We just parked downtown & paid the $10 for all day parking until 2am.
Our friends stayed in a well known hotel downtown. We saw their room, & actually our room was nicer, & they paid double & their was smaller too.

Overall, for the money, it's a good deal.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amylyn0710
Reviewed October 29, 2009

When you stay in a hotel in this price range, you never know what you will get...this time I got a lot for my money...right when we came in the front desk clerk offered to upgrade us to a suite...the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable with tons fo pillows like I prefer...the pool is big and we were the only people using it...breakfast every morning is a bit utilitarian but there are lots of choices and no cost to me but I do wish that they would stop using styrofoam cups because its not good for the environment...the place where the hotel is located is just commercial but I liked that there was a barnes and noble right near the hotel and also a halloween store where I was able to get a bunch of stuff and Michaels which we dont have in NY...I did not miss being in Newport because we would have driven everywhere either way...Overall this room and hotel was much bigger & nicer than what you will find anywhere else for this price

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2009

This hotel is 3-4 miles from Newport. It's on a busy street mixed in with some cheap motels, the entrance to a Navy base, and some run down retail stores.

The hotel itself is passable, though somewhat rundown. The carpets appear worn, and the rooms was a bit dirty, with crumbs on the desk and fridge.

There is an indoor pool, and a small exercise room with a lot of treadmills and bikes. The breakfast bar was good - with tradition hot items (bacon, eggs, etc) as well as cereals, yougurt, drinks, decent coffee, and a lot of cinnamon rolls.

Internet access was very fast compared to other hotels I've stayed at lately. A password and pin is required that is good for 24 hours.

The room sizes are ok, and the bed was comfortable. There was also a small microwave and a fridge in the room.

It's about 1/2 price compared to in-town Newport hotels, and you're giving up location, views, and a fair amount of ambience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family