“Can't believe it took me 10 years to finally do this” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bird's Eye View Helicopters

Bird's Eye View Helicopters
211 Airport Access Road, The Newport State Airport (Colonel Wood Airpark), Middletown, RI 02840
401-843-8687
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Middletown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The only way to experience Newport ,Rhode Island. Private helicopter tours since 2000. Open year round. Great for all ages. See all of the Newport Mansions from above.
Newport, RI
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Can't believe it took me 10 years to finally do this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is an absolute must do in Newport whether you are visiting or lived here your whole life. We had never been in a helicopter before and it is such a cool experience. It is so smooth and there are so many windows you can see everything. Jeff was fantastic and took good care of us. I can't wait to go on an even longer tour next time.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank ENDWOOD

Middletown, Rhode Island, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Staff. Great View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I bought this as a gift for myself and my 2 kids. My kids were a little nervous but Jenn and Jeff were terrific describing how the flight would go and our options for the flight. They have a camera that records your flight, which is pretty cool. We brought our own cameras and my son took video and stills with his. We went on the mansion tour which, in order to get to them we flew over our house :) It was only a 15 min ride but way up there made it seem longer. Definitely worth doing!!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Patricia R
RI
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I bought a tour for my husband for out anniversary. We had a great time. Tours were running right on time. The pilot, Jeff was cool and professional. We had never been in a helicopter before. We felt safe and had a lot of fun. We got some great photos too. Would suggest it to anyone in the Newport area looking for something different to do. The price was reasonable as well.

Visited October 2012
Mansfield, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great gift idea for my wife!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Found this outing from another web site. Never been in a helicopter before. My wife and I had a terrific time on a picture perfect day! Jeff, the pilot, was outstanding, and very knowledgeable. It was a great outing. I highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012
Cranston, Rhode Island
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to spend a day off from school and work!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

What do you do in September when the kids have so many days off? Take a Birds's Eye View helicopter tour of the Newport Mansions! The weather was ideal and our 9 year old son loved his first helicopter ride. Thank you Bird's Eye View! We hope to come back soon.

Visited September 2012