All reviews historic building fire pit hot tub across the street the cliff rooftop deck off season ocean view living room we stayed in a two bedroom washer dryer flo's clam shack full kitchen easton's beach great room indoor pool fitness center
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

I had a Groupon which had expired. They allowed me to use it, and I wonder why on earth I waited so long. It was, from the first touch, the best massage I have ever had. The spa is tiny but clean and convenient, and the masseuse was intuitive and absolutely wonderful. 100% recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time. Staff was very friendly and helpful on different places to eat. Pool and Jacuzzi were very clean. Stayed in the suites. Nice size rooms with all the amenities. Love the Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mel3kids2015
Reviewed March 19, 2018

We booked for a 2 bedroom suite in the Historic building but we were upgraded to the new building. Wow, what a great room. Spacious 2 bedroom, with king beds, 2 full baths, huge living room, kitchen with a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, washer/dryer, stove, and great views. Outdoor jacuzzi was great, even with 35 degree weather. Parking spaces were a little on the sparse side, though.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

When searching for a place for a couple days in Newport, we were looking for a place with a balcony with a water view and a jacuzzi. Although the pond view was beautiful and teeming with ducks, herons and cormorants, there was no balcony to step out on and close the door to keep the Rhode Island February out of the room. It was really sliding glass doors with a fence across. So shame on me for not researching a Juliet balcony.
The next issue was the jacuzzi. I have back issues, and thinking we would be doing a lot of walking, wanted the jacuzzi to relax my back at the end of a busy day. The bathroom was beautiful marble tile, spacious and bright, and after a long day, I couldn’t wait to get into the jacuzzi. Well, it is a jacuzzi/shower combination, with a glass door on one side and a stationary glass panel on the side with the faucet. You have to climb into the tub to get to the faucet. During the process of filling the tub I had to climb in and out of the tub several times to regulate the water temperature and it is a deep tub. This did not have the desired affect on my back. Also, I have a 1 year old grandchild, and it occurred to me that there is no way you could bathe a child in this tub.
All in all, it was a nice place. The kitchen could have been cleaner, the under-mount kitchen sink was unattached and crooked and when we asked for an extra coffee pod they left us decaf.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Mark L
srnhg, Manager at Newport Beach Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Thank you for being our guest at Newport Beach Hotel and Suites and providing your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and reviews like yours are very important to us.

We will be reviewing your comments in regards to the kitchen area with the hotel manager and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused . We recommend reserving direct with the hotel, so our friendly reservationists can assist with selecting the best room to meet your needs. We hope you enjoyed our close proximity to downtown Newport and our hotel amenities such as the indoor pool and outdoor roof deck hot tub and fire pit.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Newport Beach Hotel and Suites upon your return to Newport, RI.

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed a Saturday night here. Overall it was a nice hotel. Check in was easy and the staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and everything stocked up.
The downfalls would be that there is no restaurant even though it says there is one. On top of that the pool is across the street in another building so isn't great in the winter time.
The biggest downfall was the hot tub and pool. It was chlorinated it was burning our eyes after 5 minutes. We had no choice but to leave along with another couple becauee we were crying. So we didn't get to experience that in a good way.
Overall it is a nice hotel if you don't plan on using the pool/hot tub or you don't need a restaurant.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple