Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Sea Breeze Inn(Middletown)
Sea Whale Motel(Middletown)
Gilded(Newport)
The Attwater(Newport)
Hotel Viking(Newport)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshistoric buildingfire pitacross the streethot tubthe cliffrooftop deckoff seasonliving roomocean viewwasher dryerwe stayed in a two bedroomtoaster ovenflo's clam shackfull kitcheneaston's beachgreat roomindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here as part of a trip around new england and was very disappointed. Arrived for check in at 2pm and was told we could not check in until 4pm. No alternative offered just a very cold come back later. When we did come back we where allocated a room on the second floor which was situated directly opposite the ice and vending machine which actually shook the bedroom door. We refused this room and thwen got an alternative roon on the third floor next to the lift but we were to tired to make any further complaint. Unusually for a modern hotel everything seemed to vibrate and disturb myb sleep all night and I can only put this down to the build quality.
Although breakfast and diner where advertised all over the hotel and the web site NONE was available. When we enquired about a drink at the bar when we returned from a meal out we were told that no bar service waas available as the owner was in town and the bar would not be open. The owner actually appeared and tolld us he was having a meeting in the hotel so no bar would be open.......nice!. Location was right opposite the beach, good you may think until you read the sign on the beach that warned of the poot water quality. To get to and action was a car trip away . Overall not good experience.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank john k
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First of I would like to say that I loved this place so much i didn't want to leave. We got a king suite and had the pond view, I loved it but there were a few things that I would like to bring up. First I don't know which rooms get the bathroom with jacuzzi and separate shower but We just got the tub and I thought that the King suite would have both...Someone please clear that for me. Also I would've loved if the shower head had different levels to control the water flow, We felt like it came out too strong. Besides that it was awesome this was where we stayed for our honeymoon and will definitely be back soon. Maintenance made our bed and cleaned up after us and even though we felt a little guilty and bad we loved it. I loved this and my husband and I have created some beautiful memories there in Newport and we will be going there every year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our trip to Newport. I was expecting alittle nicer than what we actually encountered based on the pictures of the website. We stayed in the older part of the hotel and our room was very small and cramped. The view from our room was of the siding and roof of the room next to us. The furniture was updated and everything was clean, just very awkwardly situated and cramped as far as the room. It is located across from Eastons Beach and the cliff walks are not too far away. They did let us check in early which was great!

Room Tip: There is a newer part of the hotel which I imagine has nicer laid out rooms than the old part
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I spent a weekend here with my girlfriends and stayed in a beautiful two bedroom suite. It was so spacious, nucely decorated and comfortable. The open layout for the kitchen and living room made you feel like you were in a friend's home- with the added bonus of room service! We enjoyed the sunset in the adjacent rooftop hot tub. You also have easy access to the beach and the cliff walk.

We really enjoyed ourselves in Newport, and staying at this hotel made the trip just right!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank panonbi
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Another great extended stay! Our suite had two large king bedrooms with a pullout sofa in the living room and a fully equipped kitchen...very spacious! We enjoyed the indoor pool and outdoor deck with jacuzzi. Even got to workout in the gym. Love the amenities! The location of the hotel is perfectly situated across from the beach and there are restaurants within walking distance too. The hotel makes our trip! We get to see all of the area’s attractions and return to wonderful accommodations!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends