Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
$68
Howard Johnson Middletown Newport Area(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$121
$109
$135
$127
HIExpress.com
Residence Inn Newport Middletown(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$199
Courtyard Newport Middletown(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$179
$159
Sea Whale Motel(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$99
$170
$161
$120
The Sea Breeze Inn(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$225
All reviewshistoric buildingfire pitacross the streethot tubthe cliffrooftop deckoff seasonliving roomocean viewwasher dryerwe stayed in a two bedroomtoaster ovenflo's clam shackfull kitcheneaston's beachgreat roomindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I and 6 of our friends stayed here this past weekend (Thursday-Sunday) to celebrate my 30th birthday. We all absolutely LOVED it! We stayed 4 to a room in their 2 Bedroom Corner Suites. It was like walking into an apartment. I loved the set up of the rooms (my husband and I had the master bedroom with the personal bathroom with tub and shower stall - it was great). Loved the view from the room. Was not expecting it, but there was a full kitchen with full size refrigerator. They have TVs in the living room and in each bedroom and they give you so many channels to choose from. The hotel in general was very clean/spotless.

One thing I will say is that when they say "balcony", it's not really a balcony. Like it's not how you picture opening the door and stepping out onto a balcony. It's more that the door opens and you have the ability to open the screen door as well and there is a railing right outside. But that is totally not a deal breaker.

I loved that it was right across from the beach and not a very far drive from the main part of Newport (if taking cabs there and back - we paid about $12 per trip). We didn't eat in the Ocean Bar & Grille but there are great places to eat in walking distance from the hotel for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and a few bars to hang out. The entrance to the cliff walk is also in walking distance.

We didn't make use of the pool or hot tub but did spend a night up by the fire pit which was very nice (just note that you can't bring glass up there so if you are BYOBing, make sure it's cans). We did peek into the pool area and it looked very clean - not a huge pool but big enough.

I also took advantage of their spa on my last morning there and got a massage. I can't remember the lady's name, but it was a great massage and the room was very nice, clean, and relaxing to be in. It's located right next to the gym (which I peeked into). They seemed to have about 5 machines or so but honestly, if you are going to work out, you might as well run along the beach or take a walk through the surrounding areas.

Overall, anytime we return to Newport, we will with out a doubt be staying here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank joconnor427
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This past weekend, my girlfriend and I enjoyed a beautiful spring weekend. Our room was in the original building with a fantastic ocean beach view. The room was clean and comfortable. The king size bed was fine and there's nothing like relaxing in the jacuzzi after a long week at the office. In addition to strolling on the cliff walk, we enjoyed the local pubs and shopping. I recommend the hotel and I plan on staying there again soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We travelled this past weekend April 25-27 with our young daughter. We chose this hotel becuase we needed to have a 1 bedroom suite since our daughter goes to sleep at 8pm. We stayed in the new building. The location is great - the beach is right across the street with access to the cliff walk and there are many restaurants within walking distance. It is also very convient to have a kitchen and laundry in your room when travelling with children. These are things you are paying for.

Some complaints:
1 - The couch (a pull out) in the living room was horrible! We actually had to pull it out and sit on the bed to watch TV. I'm sure many families are barely hanging out in the room with so many attractions in Newport, but again with a young child asleep it would have been nice to sit on the couch in the evening to watch TV comfortably.
2 - Noise! You could hear every footstep of the guests above. We also had the guests below bang on the ceiling because they heard our young daughter running around at 7:30 pm.
3 - Service was not very good. No one was at the front desk when checking in. A phone call prior to arrival was not very friendly. When calling for sheets for the pull out the repsponse was "they are on there, did you pull it out?" I was staring at an empty mattress!

Overall, because we went off season for a Thurs/Fri night the price was reasonable and I would consider it worth it. However, if I went in the summer and paid over $500 a night for this hotel I would have been VERY unhappy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We have been staying at this hotel for the past 5 years in the off season and loving it. We stay in the new part of the hotel in a 2 bedroom suite.

The hotel is spotless. The bedding is top of the line and you can't beat the view from the many windows.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I never know what to think when I pour over the reviews. They often have me worried, but we chose well. Tips: book directly from hotel's website or call, know that the historic building has smaller rooms but better views, book a spa service while you're there! If you stay in the historic building you will need to walk across the parking lot to the indoor pool, but an elevator is provided. Being across the street from Easton's beach is very convenient.

Amazing view from our room facing the beach, suite had two equally sized rooms each with a king bed, each had large tv and microwave/fridge combo that was an added bonus. My husband surprised me with a massage and foot treatment with Laurie Ann. She was exceptionally talented and courteous -highly recommend!

Room Tip: Tips: book directly from hotel's website or call, know that the historic building has smaller rooms but better views. Charge for parking during peak-season.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family