Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
Howard Johnson Middletown Newport Area(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$76
$59
$88
$85
HIExpress.com
Sea Whale Motel(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$99
Residence Inn Newport Middletown(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$95
$109
Hampton.com
Courtyard Newport Middletown(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$119
$95
$80
ComfortInn
$129
Homewood
The Sea Breeze Inn(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$114
All reviewshistoric buildingfire pitacross the streethot tubthe cliffrooftop deckoff seasonliving roomocean viewwasher dryerwe stayed in a two bedroomtoaster ovenflo's clam shackfull kitcheneaston's beachgreat roomindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The suites building is almost too nice. Granite tops, beautiful bathrooms, large suites. This is one of those hotels that needs more accessible electrical outlets in the bedrooms. Otherwise great rooms. Value was great in the winter. But I know I probably wouldn't pay the summer rates.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed in the older building and thought it a very nice place: clean, nicely decorated and maintained, with very pleasant front desk staff. The ocean is across a busy street, though, and the traffic noise drowns out the pleasant sounds of the sea that this inn advertises. Overall, I liked it very much, BUT the rooms vary widely, and reserving through any 3rd party booking agent does NOT get you one of the nicer rooms. I had booked through Hotels.com and chose the double queen room with ocean view. The pictures online showed a large expanse of windows overlooking the ocean, which I very much wanted. The room I received, however, was nice but had one small window with an ocean view. I asked the front desk staff about it and was told that those nicer rooms aren't assigned to people booking through an outside source, which of course takes their own cut. As it happened, I needed to stay an extra couple of nights. And for the same price, I was given a large King room with the large expanse of windows and a 2 person jacuzzi tub. So learn from my mistake - if you want a special kind of room, go through the hotel directly. Another thing to consider when selecting a room is that only the older building looks out on the beach. The newer suites building is across the street and faces a salt water pond.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank AdventureMom25
Reviewed February 28, 2013

What a great hotel. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite that was so beautiful. Sparkling clean and so up to date and it also had a full kitchen with washer and dryer. We actually used the dryer to dry our bathing suits between using the "outside hottub". So cool...it was snowing on us and we were so warm. It was just amazing. Loved every minute at the Newport Beach Hotel and Suites!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jread33
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I chose this place somewhat randomly (thanks to TripAdvisor reviews of course) for a quick getaway weekend. We had a fantastic stay and we'll definitely be back!

We had a 1 bedroom suite in the new building and were impressed by the size and care taken in the furnishings. We had everything we needed and then some in the kitchen (including a very welcome corkscrew). Individual climate control worked well. Very comfortable bed with lovely warm duvets. Liked the electronic signage for 'do not disturb' and 'please make up the room'. Hanging out in the rooftop hottub in the dark with snowflakes swirling in the wind around us was a real treat.

Best thing in the room? The enormous whirlpool bathtub. I'm normally not a big fan of whirlpool tubs, but I did not want to ever leave that tub. Best. tub. EVER.

Small quibble: nice toiletries, but no conditioner?! Ack. Rectified that quickly at a local CVS.

The location is great too. We enjoyed some good food and drink within easy walking distance, and it's a very quick drive to explore Newport and surroundings.

We stayed here on the same recent stormy February weekend as some of the previous reviewers. Yes, it was incredibly windy. You're staying right at the coast with no sheltering buildings or trees, so of course it's going to be windy and noisy during a winter storm. I don't get why the previous reviews essentially dinged this hotel for what was pretty much typical New England winter weather. I never felt unsafe in the building - in fact, we loved riding the storm out here!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the suite building!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sasstastical
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife & I stayed here for a valentine weekend getaway. Room was bright & sunny with a beautiful view of the ocean right outside the windows. Perfect for summer vacations, great access to the beach. Bed was very comfy, clean linens, however our bathroom for some reason wreaked of urine. Also our stay was on very windy nights and with our room on the top floor we could continuously hear the wind batter the bathroom vent which was very loud and annoying. All of the hotel workers were very polite and accommodating. We would most likely stay again but probably in the summer time to utilize the beach access and take in the gorgeous views.

• Stayed: February 2013