Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
$151
$110
$85
Howard Johnson Middletown Newport Area(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$159
Residence Inn Newport Middletown(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$389
$287
$160
ComfortInn
$219
Hampton.com
The Sea Breeze Inn(Middletown)(Great Value!)
$225
$154
$303
$249
Homewood
$219
All reviewshistoric buildingfire pitacross the streethot tubthe cliffrooftop deckoff seasonliving roomocean viewwasher dryerwe stayed in a two bedroomtoaster ovenflo's clam shackfull kitcheneaston's beachgreat roomindoor pool
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Found the hotel to be nicer than anticipated, the staff was very nice and friendly. The room was much larger than I thought it would be, very clean and bright. Enjoyed the ocean view. Would definitely go back there. The hotel is located directly across the street from the beach, also within walking distance of a few different dining choices. Great location.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had never been to Newport and stayed at the Newport Harbor and Suites, in the hotel side.
It was very clean, but when we were there the room was very hot and the ac was to noisy.
We drove to the downtown area and enjoyed exploring Newport, we were there Columbus day weekend.

1  Thank pjfoster
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just returned from a two week trip around New England and this was our worst hotel. We stayed in the older building and the room was very small and as others have said very noisy. We unplugged the air con/heater in the end!
There was a mix up with our booking (not our fault). These things happen but the attitude of the most senior guy on reception (Frank) was appalling. He was unhelpful and rude and has no idea about customer service which is surprising for the USA. His young female assistant was much more friendly and did everything she could to sort it out.
Wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: I didn't see the newer rooms/suites but they look nicer on the photos.
Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gary S
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Room 223 is rubbish. In the old part, it was cramped like it has been divided off a larger room, stuffy, and above all super noisy! NOISY! NOISY! So very disappointing. There is an ice machine outside that sounds like a jet engine at night, and woke me up at 2am, which I had already asked them to turn off before I went to sleep. The Coke machine next door to it also makes a racket, which with the tissue paper room door is audible. The door is ill fitting and thin. Doors bang and people passing sound like thumping giants. On a fun note, it is always ok hearing the neighbours bathroom isn't it, as this is also a feature? Plus traffic noise through the windows. Just to top it off, the maid (who was very polite) came at 09:45, we asked for another half hour which was agreed, and then went out at 10am, came back at 1530 and the room was not done! Positive things, for balance sake, it is clean, the gym is nice and some of the staff were friendly. Please take note managers, I have now stayed in five hotels here in New England and this was by far the worst experience. Once again room 223 is awful and not up to scratch. I wish I could have arranged something else. I hate giving negative reviews, but this place got my goat! A very noisy goat at that, thankfully we were only here two nights! From the reviews it seems you either get a good room or dross like us, and will be advising our travel company to stop recommending it.

Room Tip: Not room 223! Or near ice machines.
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I loved my stay!!! The hotel has 2 separate buildings. The historic side where you check, has the hustoric rooms and a restaraunt. The new building, across the street has their suites, pool, fire pit and jacuzzi. I saw people having to cross the street to come over to the pool, so that was not convenient for them. It was a beautiful two room suite. I had a toilet back up and a nice person was there ti fix it in minutes. The only 2 negatives I had was a rude person working the front desk on Saturday morning when I needed a parking pass for a second vehicle. I was there for 6 nights and everyone else was very nice and the other negative was an over cooked Cod and Filet dinner. The other food that went with it was very good though. Highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: October 2012