$144
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

$110
$169
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$233
$218
$169
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$269
$259
Homewood
$269
$229
Courtyard
The Sea Breeze Inn(Middletown)
$225
Hotels.com
All reviewshistoric buildingfire pithot tubacross the streetthe cliffrooftop deckoff seasonocean viewliving roomwasher dryerwe stayed in a two bedroomflo's clam shackfull kitcheneaston's beachgreat roomindoor poolfitness center
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I planned a girls weekend away for 10 girls and we just visited this past weekend. I could not have been more impressed with the facilities in the suites building. The hotel is is a wonderful location near nice dining choices and right across from the beach. Also, the amenities are exceptional. The suites are clean, gorgeous, and spacious. While I originally had a few minor issues with booking and reservations, the staff at the hotel (particularly Eric, manager) was accommodating and very helpful. I would absolutely come back to the hotel without a second thought. The other girls with us were on the phone with their husbands saying that they HAVE to book a long weekend at the hotel, too. We had an exceptional experience and I can't wait to return! :)

Room Tip: The suites are worth every dime.
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My friends and I have known each other since kindergarten. Every year we go on a long weekend trip together. It started out as a one day excursion, then it turned to two, now we are at three days as our getaway. This has been our third year at this hotel. We like it because it is across the street from the beach and we all love the beach. The other great thing is that they have a suite that fits the five us. We get a suite with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living room area with a microwave, refrigerator and a table & chairs. It is perfect for us. If one of us is up early we can close the bedroom door and be in the living room not disturbing anyone. We get to Rhode Island early and head to the beach. We stay on the beach until its time to check in. We tried to check in early but they would not let us.
The lobby has an musty smell to it but the hotel is clean. Last year when we were ready to check in they were not ready for us to check in and they told us to go into the bar and have a drink on them while we waited. That was nice but we were tired and sandy from being on the beach all day and just wanted to shower. This year we were quickly checked in and happy to be in our room after our day on the beach so we could shower.
On the beach there is the Atlantic club which has a bar and restaurant where you can eat. We have gotten cocktails there and some lunch food.
This year we left the beach and went across the street to Flo's clam shack for lunch. It was very good. We love this hotel and go at the end of June. It is expensive but for the five us it isn't so bad. The mattresses seem a little firm but it depends on what you are used to. I don't mind a firmer mattress. You do have to drive to get to the center of the Newport area where all the shops and marina's are but you can take a taxi. Parking is not so easy in the central area, where many restaurants and shops are. You are within walking distance of the "Cliff Walk" which is nice to do while in Newport. This hotel has two buildings. If you want to go to the pool and you are in the building closer to the beach you have to cross the street. It is a nice indoor pool, I have no problem with having to cross the street. On the roof there is a fire pit and a hot tub.
A nice quiet spot to read a book.

Room Tip: We are a group of five so the room with the two bedrooms is perfect. Which actually could have fit six or seven the suite we had.
Reviewed June 21, 2012

After reading mixed reviews I decided to book this hotel with a small amount of concern. The booking went smoothly and everything was fine. I called the day before we were to arrive, As I always do to verify that we were set. It took three people to locate my reservation.
I got past that and when we arrived we were thrilled by the location.
Check in was not smooth but the supervisor who ended up helping explained that they were training the summer staff.
That said the hotel was immaculate and our room while tiny was nicely appointed.
My last and biggest complaint comes from my own carelessness. When leaving I forgot to check the closet and left behind a dress, worn once and a pair of jeans still with the tags on. As soon as I unpacked at home I realized my mistake and called. No problem I was told the housekeeping manager would call me back. I called three more times and spoke to multiple people. Not one return call or one bit of help.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank shrinkingviolet5466
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The hotel's guest rooms and suites feature many amenities that families will love. Their Suites building has the largest rooms of the two buildings. One building is historic and has nice rooms as well. The hotel has numerous amenities such as an indoor pool, 2 hot tubs and a rooftop deck......location is perfect, just steps from the beach and walking distance of the shorline and historic Mansions.

Room Tip: request a room with a ocean view - some offer couryard views
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Upon searching for a property for a girl's getaway, we decided on a "split property" vacation and sampled each property. The Newport Suites building (new section) is awesome! However, when we moved to the historic building, it was a great let down. The plumbing was awful (the tub water would not drain, thus creating an unsanitary bathing experience for us) and the room we were promised was not the room received. Though a very busy holiday weekend, we were extended excuse after excuse after excuse (i.e. "We are sorry that the Website offered you a two bedroom w/a living room. The historic building does not offer such accommodations."). The historic building rooms are also VERY cramped.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer property are worth staying in. Historic building rooms are cramped and the plumbing can be out of order.