“You just have to see the pool! Its amazing!!”

Courtyard Newport Middletown
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend with my 12 and 16 year old. We could not believe the indoor/outdoor pool. We stayed at the pool for hours! It was like a little oasis out there. Its really nothing you would normally see at a Courtyard. We will definitely return!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Newport Middletown

Reviewed April 15, 2010

That place is the worst,the staff sucks,the rooms are god awful,the housekeeper stunk so bad I thought I was going to pass out when I walked by her,there is nothing I can say good about that place,the dust,the telephones in the room where even filthy,there was no way I was sleeping in that place,I made my husband get me the hell outta there,u would think it being a courtyard it would very nice and clean but I will never stay at another courtyard again thanks to them

Reviewed November 5, 2009

The front desk staff is great, except my colleagues got reward credit and I didn't. Two frontdesk staff members side by side one give point and the other denies me somethings wrong.My bed has been made everyday but I have noticed that there has been a coffee bag in the coffee maker since I've been here, how long has it been there? I don't drink coffee so who made coffee...lol sorry but Marriott has lost it's luster. Considering my employer is paying I can't be to upset but my impression of Marriott has been altered. They have attached there name to these chains and the accommodations are a little shabby. I will repeat the staff in Middletown is very good. This is my third Marriott in my third state on company dollar. Norfolk, New Orleans suburb Kenner to be exact & Middletown. Norfolk hands down is better rooms had more to offer ipod connections, better bathrooms. New Orleans Fairfield Inn suites was a horrible experience there is nothing good to say about that stay. Maybe J.W. Marriott should put more money into these franchises. I'm giving below average for cleanliness because of old coffee still in coffee maker and my tub hasn't been cleaned well at all. Hotel gives frontdesk staff blackeye.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Reasonable rates, just five minutes from the touristy areas of Newport. Was there for the marathon. Staff very helpful, room clean and comfortable, allowed late checkout without a second thought (unlike the nearby Holiday Inn Express!). Would stay again without hesitation upon return to the Newport area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Thank God they had a Vacancy.

My wife and I were in Newport for a family wedding. We needed a place to change before the wedding and sleep after it.

Through Hotels.com we found the Newport Spa and Whirlpool Suites. All we were looking for was a clean room as we were not going to be there very long. Within 15 minutes of checking in we realized that the Newport Spa and Whirlpool Suites was a complete dump, filthy and in disrepair. There were empty beer cans in our room. There was stagnant water in the ice bucket and the whole place stank. We could not stay there. We had to get out, and fast.

I got on the telephone and started calling local hotels. Thankfully the Marriott had availability. Additionally, they were able to get us the early check in we needed to get ready and make it to the wedding. The staff was fantastic. The room was clean. The grounds were kept up. The location, in relation to downtown Newport, was great.

The Marriott Courtyard in Newport was great.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Had a pleasant four day stay at this Courtyard while on business in Newport, RI. It appears to be a standard Marriott establishment. My room was at the back of the complex and was therefore quiet. The room was a standard room with king bed and was clean and well maintained. As a point of interest, my two traveling companions had similar rooms but mine was the only one with a mini-frig (located under the sink) – don’t know how I lucked out and I don’t know how many other rooms were similarly equipped, but it came in handy. The hotel has free parking. It was close to restaurants and shopping.

The breakfast buffet was more than adequate. I did not have the breakfast inclusive package, but it was reasonably priced for the amount of food available. They had a smallish workout room with an adjacent pool and whirlpool. The pool is half indoors and half outdoors. The staff that I met were all pleasant (especially the breakfast bar staff) except the day time front desk person who didn’t seem to have time for small talk or a smile – not rude, but not much more than one word answers.

While not the cheapest place in town, if you’re looking for a Marriott this Courtyard is good.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel as a stop over on our way to Cape Cod & Boston , having stayed in a few Marriotts before we pretty much knew what to expect & we were very happy with our choice, we wanted to see Newport & would of liked to stay in the Marriott there but could not justify the extra cost so Middletown it was, the hotel is in a more commercial district but has plenty of stores & restaurants nearby, Newport is very near & easy to drive to & park so no problem from this location.
Our room & the rest of the hotel was very clean, the beds gave us a very good nights sleep & no problems with noise, plenty of room for our family & a great indoor/outdoor pool.
The front desk staff were fantastic & went the extra mile to help with local maps , advice and after arriving very early well before check in time were checked right in with no problem & even given a free upgrade to a 2 room suite with balcony 2 tvs & kitchen facilitys, great service,free parking, a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
Residence Inn Newport Middletown
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#4 of 21 in Newport

Been to Courtyard Newport Middletown? Share your experiences!