All reviewsroom was cleansmall gymquiet areafamily weddingwould stay here againrhode islandthe staff was friendly and helpfulwould highly recommend this hotelshort driveclose to downtownupon checkindoor pooloff seasonno frillsthe clifflobbypatti
Reviewed November 10, 2015 via mobile

This hotel was very clean reasonably priced close to downtown newport. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this place to stay. Easy to get to off the Pell bridge. Close to resterant ans stores

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2015

I've stayed in lots of Courtyards, this one, while like the others, had a terrific staff and nice comfortable rooms. I only gave it three stars because I found the bathroom not to be as clean as I usually get in a Courtyard - the tub/shower was not cleaned well, there were some spots on the bathroom floor and a thick later of dust on the tissue holder and in the sink area. The bed was very comfortable, and the wifi was easily accessible and as I mentioned, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again, it was perfectly located for the purpose of our trip (visiting our daughter at URI and walking around Newport), but I will probably be inspecting the bathroom very closely.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
02842, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Newport Middletown Courtyard Marriott ! I was happy to hear you enjoyed our terrific staff and the comfortable rooms. I will review your comments with our Housekeeping staff to insure they focus on providing each guest with a clean bathroom as this is normally our standard. I hope you will stay with us again when you next visit your daughter at URI. We promise the bathroom will meet your standards !

Reviewed November 8, 2015 via mobile

I still think they charge too much for the location but this is a very clean, nicely decorated hotel. It's about 10 minutes from the Newport Mansions and shopping. We literally just slept here. When you consider that the hotels closer or in Newport run $400-500 a night, this is a good alternative.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2015

Went for a 3 day museum getaway....Hotel room price was right, hotel was very clean thruout and the Bistro had all the right food, drinks and service for me. The indoor/outdoor connected pool water was bath warm and the hot tub was correctly HOT. The room was big enough and very comfortable with a small deck, too. Kudos to the entire staff for being so efficient and friendly. Will stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2015

Room was in good shape and clean. We had a king bed with a sofa sleeper. Room also had a small balcony. We did have one of those rooms that adjoin to another and for two mornings now we were woken up by a very loud talkative woman in the other adjoining room. We could hear her beeping the microwave and slamming the door shut and the microwave beeping again and her opening it and slamming it shut. We highly highly request that you suggest a non adjoining room. The other issue was about 10 kids age range 8-15 using the pool area and screaming their heads off and it was after 10 which is supposed to be the time the pool is supposed to close. Its 10:37 currently and its still going on. No parent supervision. Hopefully these kids arent running the halls tonite since there is no parent supervion and the hotel is afraid to enforce rules. Im tyyping this as i spend my last night here and have an early workday ahead of me tomorrow. Other then the noise issues the lobby snack and bar were great with a good variety of made to order food as well. Cozy and functional lobby area and overall nice place.

Room Tip: Dont get an adjoining room if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family