“Good value and location”

Courtyard Newport Middletown
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We spent 2 nights here when touring with friends. On the edge of the town but much cheaper than staying in Newport. Good value and friendly staff. Breakfast not as good as some we had in other courtyards.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in newportmany times. It's fun to stay right in the city but during the summer it's so expensive. The marriott courtyard in Middletown is a nice way to visit Newport and spend less for more. The rooms and lobby are updated. Staff has always been helpful and friendly

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had to check out of a previously reserved hotel in the area due to dissatisfaction and was looking for a hotel. Not only was I happy with this hotel but I was disappointed I was only going to be staying for 1 night. Newly renovated, from the lobby to the room, this hotel was great. The staff was very friendly and it was no problem getting a room at the last minute. The bed was very comfortable and I liked the layout of the room. It was one of the best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel! Everything was very clean. Loved the Starbucks/cafe in the lobby! Yes it is a short drive from Newport but as far as I am concerned, that was a plus. Newport is very busy and the traffic is crazy. Nice to visit but I wouldn't want to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel is a bit on the outskirts of where tourists would usually go in Newport so the price is very reasonable. Upon walking into the Courtyard, I was surprised to see how brand new and modern the hotel is. Sleek, modern wood-looking furniture with bold colors and patterns. There's a little coffee/food kiosk in the lobby where you can buy breakfast or snacks throughout the day.

The rooms are quite roomy and just as well decorated as the lobby. The beds were comfortable and the linens and towels were clean. Also very nice was the pool; it was clean and big enough for a bit of splashing around (great if you have kids). Overall, great hotel for the price and location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we were disappointed. First the positives: It is 10 minutes from downtown Newport, same for the beaches, so the location is great. They have a new lobby/bar/eating area which is very nice---my kids loved the lobby. They have a nice indoor/outdoor pool with a hot tub which the kids loved. Now the negatives: The hallways were fillthy and in desperate need of a vacuum the entire stay. Most guests enter the hotel through side doors and there was a beer bottle and other trash outside the side door our entire stay. You could tell there was no staff responsible for trash cleanup on the premiter of the building and although the rooms were vacuumed, the cleaning staff evidently has no responsibliltiy to vaccum the hallways.

We were given a room on the third floor which smelled musty and we finally asked for another room after we noticed lots of small black flying bugs all over the room. When I told the front desk about it, they were not surprised at all. Our new room on the first floor was now near one of the side entrances and the door made a terribly loud noise each time it was clsoed (which is 1,000 times a day).
For the $300 a night we were paying, it is ridiculous that they can't pick up the garbage all over the parking lot, near the side entrances or vacuum the hallways.
I would try another hotel in Middletown/Newport before booking here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side entrances on the first floor, the door are extremely loud for some bizarre r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jack A
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is great for business travelers, or others seeking an economical, clean, friendly, safe place to sleep in the Newport, RI area. Not in the gorgeous, touristy part of Newport, but that's an easy 5-minute drive away. Also a close drive to the Cliff Walk. I would stay there again...and probably will!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank AshleyTrailrunner
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I took an overnight trip to Newport last weekend. It is only a 10 minute drive to Newport from the hotel. The hotel was very clean and the staff was exceptionally friendly and accomodating. The price for the room was fair considering the season and proximity to Newport proper. If there was a negative to be had, it would be the bed, it was the hardest, most uncomfortable Marriott bed I have ever slept in and the pool and hot tub close at 10:00. I would go back of I found myself taking a weekend trip to Newport again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zeus9806
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Residence Inn Newport Middletown
Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#4 of 21 in Newport

Been to Courtyard Newport Middletown? Share your experiences!