“Fancier Breakfast in a Barn”
Review of Barn

Barn
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This a nice little place that fills up in the high season like a lot of businesses in the area. It offers your average choices along with some fancier dishes and New England favorites. The prices are a little on the higher end but, It is still affordable. A great stop for breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Barn

Reviewed December 28, 2011

One of my favorites places to take guests in town but get here early as it fills up quickly on weekends and waiting 30 mins+ is typical! Set in a restored Barn the service is great and menu both creative and delicious.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Nice breakfast restaurant right over the line from Westport in Little Compton. Excellent menu and nice atmosphere in the bustling old barn. Great to see a blend of traditional breakfast items along with some South Coast influence like linguica with eggs. Kids like the pancakes, service has always been good, the ladies are hustling around, but you get served and you get what you ordered as it's made.

It's a very busy place on weekends so you need to go with the attitude that you will wait for a table, it will be a bee hive of activity inside and the weather outside will dictate the atmosphere inside. On weekdays it's quiet and relaxed.

Reviewed September 5, 2010

Here in early August for a departure breakfast from a week long stay in Little Compton. Excellent all around, but I have to ding them on their portion control. Food was great, nice eclectic menu with specials and great atmosphere.

I had sausage gravy and biscuits with two eggs scrambled. Great dish but just not much food on the plate. My wife had the corned beef hash plate and the 4 other people at the table with us, all had bites off her heaping plate and she still had remnants that she could not finish?

Not sure why one dish was so weighed, measured and portioned when another plate was off the charts? I left hungry which should never be an issue with a breakfast place.

1  Thank jackf629
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I used to LOVE going to The Barn, with its rustic atmosphere and country setting. But I had a couple of disappointing experiences there in recent months. For one, I ordered a bowl of oatmeal and asked it if could be made without raisins. The answer was NO. I guess it's pre-mixed? Anyway, when the oatmeal arrived, it had huge lumps in it. Not little clumps, but 2 very large, unappetizing golf-ball sized lumps. It really turned me off, and I called the waitress over. She actually got defensive, saying "Oatmeal is just like that." Sorry, I cook oatmeal a lot for its health benefits, and it is just not true. Not a good response from a waitress. She reluctantly took it back, and I had nothing but coffee. I've been told that since new management took over this place some time ago, it has gone downhill. My other experience was just a grouchy attitude on the part of this same waitress on another occasion. Most of them are nicer. Honestly I might try this place again, but be forewarned: forget the oatmeal!

1  Thank k9crazed