“Dave East Beacher” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowther's Restaurant

Crowther's Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seekonk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dave East Beacher”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The reason for the 'very good' vs 'excellent' review has nothing to do with service or food or atmosphere. It's the physical condition of the dining room. It needs to be updated. But, other than that, I'd give it an excellent! This year, I've been there several times with friends and alone. In all visits I've had different servers, including one time by the bartender because I ate at the bar. Food is excellent as well as the personalities of the servers. I met so many interesting people in the lounge when I was there just for drinks. I've also been for Saturday evening dinner and was entertained by a soothing and delightful guitarist. I highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank David P

Boston, Massachusetts
“Well Done, Great Value, Attentive Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We decided to have a relaxing "come as you are"dinner with our kids while on vacation nearby to Crowther's. we have dined at Crowther's before so new it would be casual.
There was a 16 person in the dining room, so I was worried that the service would be slow, but our server, Richard was extremely attentive and took great care of us. Richard made sure that the kids had crayons. That we had drinks, and that our order received good attention along with the large party. The food arrived in a normal amount of time,was hot and fresh and very tasty.
I had broiled New Bedford scallops, my wife had spinach salad with chicken: Both excellent
The kids had a Hot Dog and fries and Penne with Cheese sauce, both good and included ice cream for a good value.

Overall, very happy and if you want a little entertainment ther was an acoustic guitar player playing in the lounge area.

A solid good value, tasty food well prepared, great service, We'll be back!

Visited August 2013
Little Compton, Rhode Island
“Hidden Charges”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Waitress offered three sides with dinner and never mentioned a surcharge with one.
Asked if bread was served and the answer was yes. Never mentioned the charge of $2.99.
Ordered two additional cokes and never was informed they were $2.00 for each additional one.
Total additional charges $8.00!

Too much for mediocre food!!!!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Niles57
Kane L, Manager at Crowther's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello Niles57,
I am sorry to hear about your last visit to our restaurant. I would like to start by apologizing for any miscommunication on our policies here at Crowther’s and I would also like to thank you for your feedback. It’s these kinds of reviews that help us better our establishment not just for you but others in our community.
To begin I would like to ask why you did not bring these issues to my attention at the time of your visit. It could have been easily rectified. Also nowhere do we advertise free refills, this is not a “hidden charge”. We buy top name brand soft drinks unlike your typical diner or pizzeria so our costs are much higher. We do offer pitchers for a cheaper rate for those who love soda. As for the bread the menu clearly states that the bread basket is $1.99 not $2.99. If you were over charged for bread I am truly sorry. That is a big over site and there is no excuse for something like that to happen. I only hope you will visit us again to allow us to make it up to you. Again, thank you for your feedback and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Gratefully,
Kane K. Lewis
Crowther’s Restaurant
South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
“Pleasant surprise...very friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were looking for a place for a lunch 92nd birthday celebration and stopped at Crowthers to check it out. Not right for us for the birthday but a great place at lunchtime to eat at the bar and grap a cold beer. The staff and the "lunch regulars" were friendly and the food was very good. I had the French Dip special that was tender and the au jus dipping sauce was excellent . My wife's veggie wrap was fresh and great also. We will pass on the celebration party at Crowther's but we will be back for lunch.

• Visited July 2013
“Surprising”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised at the great flavors, neat presentation and overall quality of this out of the way location off our new stomping ground. He let me choose a dinner place as we explored our new home's areas, and I chose Crowthers. I must admit I was a little nervous that I had chosen poorly as we drove up, as the building is nothing to look at. We took a seat in the dining room, which was quite busy for 8 pm in a small town, and the bar seemed equally busy. The server was pleasant and attentive. We started with calamari, meditteranean style, which was good, but not great. The food coming out of the kitchen looked encouraging, as my husband commented, maybe he should have gotten the lobster. The bar and food pricing was good (fair) and the prime rib my husband ordered was just as he wanted. (16oz for $20 I think) and my shrimp Diane was just spicy enough (a special) and presented beautifully. We will definitely go to Crowthers again, downsides are the decor (see photos) and getting home at night if you are not sure of the location, but for locals this can be seen as a plus too!

• Visited June 2012