“Spend some time...”

Carolyn's Sakonnet Vineyard
More attraction details
Owner description: Carolyn's Sakonnet Vineyard is a premier Rhode Island destination that enlivens the senses, delights the mind and allows the spirit to be recharged by the alchemy of the earth's abundance.
Warwick, Rhode Island
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Spend some time...”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Too many people do the tastings and leave a vineyard. The grounds here are gorgeous with lots of place to walk or picnic. Food is also available or bring you own. Nice afternoon.

Visited August 2013

Narragansett, Rhode Island
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful setting, some good wines”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We visited on a warm summer afternoon and the ride over to Little Compton is always an enjoyable part of the trip. The wines are good, and the bar was uncrowded. The Vidal and Sirius dessert wine are favorites. I believe a large part of the experience is dependent on your wine stewart, all were competent, but some had that something extra in attentivness or knowledge. A larger offering, perhaps for an up charge, is something they might consider. One thing caught our attention, and it seems to be a regional thing, there is no seating/stools at the bar. Perhaps this is to keep the tasters moving along? Not so at other wineries we have visited. As usual the grounds and plantings were impeccable, even in this challenging growing season.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Rich-Paula
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely place!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The recent purchase of the vineyard has not changed the spirit, friendliness and beauty of this special place. Not only can you taste the wines at an uncrowded bar with knowledgeable staff but on Thursday evenings in the summer there are free concerts. The grounds are a wonderful place to bring your family (and dog), your chairs, buy a bottle of wine (they will open it and provide glasses) and enjoy dinner while listening to local talent. You can bring your own picnic or buy from Carolyn's Cafe. The area around the vineyard has many shops run by local artists. I always celebrate my birthday every summer at this lovely place!

Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Beautiful spot, well-done, and dog-friendly!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Spent a nice afternoon at this Rhode Island winery.We saw on-line that we could bring a well-behaved dog ... we did, and we (and our aussie) were made to feel quite welcome! The wine-tasting counter was set up in a square, with plenty of room and staff to assist. We had a nice selection of whites, reds, and dessert wines to taste. The vineyard and whole Little Compton area is quaint and beautiful ... lots of shops and galleries around also.
The staff was very helpful and friendly ... not constantly pushing sales all the time.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank RootBeerFloat
Salem, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful Vineyard and Winery”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband, mother-in-law, and I toured 3 vineyards in Rhode Island during our visit. Sakonnet was by far our favorite! I do in-home wine tastings on the side and have always enjoyed going to wineries. I thoroughly enjoyed the peacefulness of Sakonnet. The bar was not overcrowded and there were plenty of employees to handle those of us that were tasting, giving ample opportunity to ask questions. I had the bartender pick 3 of the wines I tasted and he was 3 for 3. I liked all but one of the wines I tasted (ice wine) and we ended up purchasing 6 bottles to bring home. We will definitely be back on our next trip!

Visited July 2013