“Go see a movie instead!”
Review of Twin River Casino

Twin River Casino
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Lincoln
More attraction details
Owner description: Twin River Casino, located in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is one of the largest casino's in North America, with 5,020 gaming positions - and features both smoking and non-smoking gaming! Formerly known as Lincoln Park, the renovated facility offers over 300,000 square-feet of gaming space. The casino operates over 4,500 state-of-the-art interactive video slot machines and big-money progressive slots, as well as virtual table games (including blackjack and roulette). Twin River also has 80 live table games including a gaming mix of Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat, Three Card Poker, Craps, Spanish 21, Let It Ride, Pai Gow Poker and Big Six 'Money' Wheel. A great alternative to Connecticut casinos, this unique gaming facility also hosts simulcasting of the best thoroughbred and greyhound racing from around the country, a 29,000+ square foot Twin River Event Center with headline entertainment, free concerts at the Lighthouse Bar, and signature cocktails & premium cigars at Blackstone Cigar Bar! Home to the incredible Fred & Steve's Steakhouse, you can have an award-winning steak & seafood dinner, or enjoy the exciting sport bar scene at Wicked Good Bar & Grill, as well as 16 other dining outlets! Twin River Casino is located just 10 minutes north of Providence and less than an hour from Boston!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Go see a movie instead!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The facility is relatively nice and very clean, but during the three visits I have made to this facility, I have never seen anyone win anything. the machines are so tight, they are really no fun. So if you are looking for "entertainment", go to a movie or the bank to mortgage your home. the experience is definitely not worth the price.

Visited April 2014
9 Thank Alexander G

Lincoln
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great place for a Night Out”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We've been to Twin River several times. The casino is always neat and clean. The food at Wicked Good is awesome. Great place to visit.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Phil G
NH
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Why would you even bother when you can go to Mohegan or Foxwoods”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We decided to go here because it was a little closer and room rates are cheaper... What a mistake. It is like walmart of casinos, boring layout, food and environment. I felt bad payouts..but not scientific. I decided I would never take the cheap, boring route again.

Visited March 2014
14 Thank EricNh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“I Have Never Been More Disrespected in a Casino in my Entire Life...and I am in one 60+ Hours a Week!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

First, let me start off by saying that I usually do not write reviews; I signed up for many websites just so I could share this miserable experience.

I am what casinos would call a high roller. I am a Soar cardholder at Mohegan Sun and have a comparable rank at Foxwoods. I do not mind having a nice relaxing time dropping$2000+ at blackjack knowing that I will at least be treated with respect by the dealers, pits, and other members of the staff. I do not require any entitlement, as I feel everyone is deserving of equal treatment in an environment where most are seeking entertainment.

I also do not look the part of "high roller"; I am in my late 20s, look like he can pass for 21, and usually wear my unassuming blue jeans and wool pea coat. I also do not have many friends, so I use a tablet PC to communicate via text instead of a phone, which I carry in a green handbag no larger than a woman's purse..

I was checking out the high limit blackjack tables at 7:30 pm on 3/25/2014 when a security guard named RON who ran over to me and said, and I quote, "Kid, the hell is in the bag!?!?!" I understood that he was trying to protect the safety of the casino, but how disrespectful can you be?

I replied, "I will show you, but don't you dare use that tone with me."

Apparently, that was too much for his puny ego, as he EJECTED me for this. No apology. In fact, he and the door guard (Frank) were laughing at me as I walked back to my car. I wish I could say there were more to the story, but nope. I got thrown out for being a weird-looking "kid" with a weird green handbag. RON even made sure to demean me when I mentioned that it was no different than a puurse, suggesting I was "different"" for carrying one.

I intended to go to Twin River, drop the $5000 I came wiith, and call it a night. Instead, I am sitting in my room at Mohegan posting this review to every website just to get a point across; they fail at the ONE aspect a casino must succeed at, make the customer feel WANTED. Ron gave me a night I will not soon forget, and i will make it my mission to spread it around Mohegan, Foxwoods, ATL City, and any internet site accepting this review.

Visited March 2014
29 Thank Mc L
Thompson, Connecticut
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Not a pleasant experience”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've been here a few times. To me, it's a very poor comparison to nearby Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. There's nothing "welcoming" about this place. It's very easy to get lost inside because there are no signs telling you where you are or where to go. We had a ask a guard. When you arrive at the gaming halls you are overwhelmed with the smell of smoking. Being a non-smoker, I could not wait to leave.

Visited November 2013