“Worth a try”

Cuisines: American
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Worth a try”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We have gone to the Lodge a few times and always found the food good, service good and prices fair. This isn't a fancy place but is always a sure bet to get a good meal when in the area. Give it a try, it also has a nice bar area.

Visited August 2013

Lincoln, Rhode Island
“Local spot”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Food and service are average. Normally eat in the bar section. I enjoy their lobster rolls, chicken parm sandwich's and chicken melt sandwich.

Visited June 2013
Lincoln, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Salad Bar”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love the salad bar at this restaurant... I don't love the other food. The bar seems nice though I have not actually visited it

Visited September 2012
“The Lodge”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We've been with our friends to The Lodge a few times. It's an average restaurant with average food. The food has been very good... though my husband's burger was well done instead of medium. I know sometimes that can happen. We didn't complain, it was a birthday dinner with friends. I wish the french fries weren't so soggy looking. Almost like they've been sitting out a lot under warmers. Other than that, we'll still go back. The prices are pretty good. I won't do the salad bar with the $1.00 extra attached. That's kind of silly... they aren't "forced to charge it", produce prices have come back down. Anyway... average food, average price. The waitress was very funny. We'll be back.

• Visited April 2013
US
“Rip of artists and hygiene issues”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Two major complaints:
1) Note the addition of "we are forced to charge $1.00 for salad bar" inside the front sleeve of the menu .... I ordered the salmon at $16.99 and declined salad bar or soup and was still charged $17.99 for a sliver of salmon on a huge empty plate except a lemon wedge and beige rice pilaf with pieces of beige almonds in a separate pudding dish. SPARSE, BLAND and NO COLOR that was not the least bit appealing!!!! Could have placed the rice with the salmon at least or even add a little decorative greens or something! Obviously not your usual educated chef at this place!

2) Reason I didn't want the "salad that comes with the salmon" you ask? Well you wouldn't either: Watched the staff at the salad bar place tong handles on top of food (his fingers touching the lettuce and cucumbers that i saw), then HE picked up trash off the floor and proceed back to salad bar to rearrange some more. Then, at the end of the salad bar, he touches the loaf of bread, manhandles the linen around the loaf AND No hand washing done!!! Disgusted. In wake of the Norovirus outbreak, everyone should be disgusted!

• Visited January 2013