Whitsunday Diving Academy - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Great diving experience

We had a lovely day diving with the Whitsunday Diving Academy. Chris and his team are a really... read more

Reviewed November 13, 2017
NandMOB
Dublin, Ireland
Very Informative PADI Open Water Diving Course

sapiontek91
Whitsunday Islands, Australia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2017

If everything goes as it should, then this is certainly a really good diving center.
But much can go wrong with diving, and if something goes wrong, you can expect the owner and the boss will not care at all about you! Everting is about money... I always avoid companies that ignore on their customers / guest when it comes to the end.

I wanted to complain, the owner refused to come out of his office and talk to me and the boss was really unpleasant, on the verge of threatening.
My complaint is that they lied to me when booking, when I booked everything was peace and ok.
When I got there, the boat was broken, which it was not true. The boat was on reperation. It all ended that I had to make my two dives from the beach. I needed my ceritifkat and just had to like the situation ..?
That whitsunday ignore on me as a customer is very sad as this could have been a good experience. I got my certificate, my instructor was really good and I was having fun. But that's when things do not go as it should; that's when companies show their right face.

There are many other dive centers in the area, choose them!

Date of experience: December 2016
2  Thank sebastianp846
Reviewed July 15, 2017

The entire crew at the Whitsunday Diving Academy was nothing but accommodating. The diving instructor, Tom, was very knowledgeable and always ready to answer all questions. I believe my classmates and I were given the highest quality learning during the four day course. It was a fun and exciting course, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in becoming PADI Open Water Certified. Very enjoyable experience!

2  Thank sapiontek91
Reviewed July 15, 2017

I recently completed a PADI Open Water Certification with Whitsunday Diving Academy and had an awesome experience. Tom runs a very thorough and professional course and he is super knowledgable about diving in the Whitsundays as well as around the world. The team is really passionate about what they do and seemed to go out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable experience. The facilities are really well maintained and they have heaps of equipment so there's something for everyone. I feel very prepared to go on more dives after taking this course and am looking forward to diving with these guys again. Thanks Tom, Billie, Chris....and everyone else I forgot, we hope to see you again soon!!

2  Thank Lizzie2026
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

Did my advanced open water with them. They were really accommodating with timing and the instruction was very good. We had to defer one days diving because it was too windy so i was happy to see that they prioritised safety over just getting the course done. Diving locations were really good. Would happily go back.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Whitsundays Diving Academy while I completed the practical aspects of my PADI open water diver. The team were very friendly and welcoming. The dive centre was not very busy so the teaching felt very personal and tailored to my needs. Additionally the owner, Chris, picked me up and dropped me off after my course and let me use the laundry facilities.

Although the second dive day was called off due to currents and poor visibility the team took me out the following day so that I could complete my certification before I left Airlie Beach.

While it is evident cyclone Debbie has done a lot of damage (to the reef and to Airlie) the team were able to find dive sites that were still full of life and really exciting for a first time diver.

I would highly recommend this place to any level of diver!

Date of experience: June 2017