“Good coffee and baked goods”

Brewed Awakenings Coffeehouse
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Johnston
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
“Good coffee and baked goods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Coffee is good, so are the assortment of baked goods. Bagel chips and hummus are a great store made treat and low cost too for a good value. Not crazy about their frozen drinks, Cookie Monster - a frozen drink with a M & M Cookie blended into it = way too sweet. If you like sweet this is your drink.

1 Thank Travelingfoodwarrior

“Awesome place!!! Def a must!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place has the best coffee in the state of RI, I always get the cookie monster. Its got a m&m cookie in side a iced coffee drink so good!!!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Morales0512
Boise, Idaho ~ Providence, Rhode Island
“Slow service, almost cold "hot cocoa"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I went on a Tuesday night and there was no one in line inside. I went up to the counter and there were 2 people working, one of them (a guy) looked at me and said one moment please. Okay, that was fine but then I saw them clear out the drive thru line of probably 2-3 cars. Realizing I could have had faster service if I went in the drive through made me not so happy. Then I finally ordered and I waited about 5-10 minutes for my hot cocoa. The guy brought up some iced coffee beverage of some kind and said here you go and I said that wasn't what I ordered, he made kind of a face and threw it into the trash with a resounding thud. I then waited some more until I was handed my hot cocoa which was below luke warm on the temp scale. Definitely wasn't worth $3 something in my opinion. Maybe I caught them on a bad night but I definitely wasn't impressed.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank blumenla101
Providence, Rhode Island
“Good coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

There are 2locations on Atwood Ave. the one near the high school is newer with a nicer atmosphere. Both have good coffee.

1 Thank kris91
Franklin, Tennessee
1,228 restaurant reviews
“Counter people are nice but coffee is average distributor beans”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

My thoughts on this.. If your going to be Coffee shop or "brewhouse" know your beans and buy local fresh brewed. Not manufactured New England Coffee type blend coffee you get a Stop and Shop. The atmosphere is nice and plenty of places to lounge. (I would go there because my parents who live close by don't have internet at the time). Another example, Chai mix is great but its what you can get at a supermarket..If you want great coffee go to Coffee Exchange or Whole Foods..The atmosphere is better at Brewed I think compared to all three but the coffee is inferior.
Also, educate the people behind the counter about what they are selling.. (Not knowledgeable).

• Visited June 2012