“Didn't expect the change”

Pat's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 111 Restaurants in Johnston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We serve Authentic Italian cuisine made fro scratch like your Grnd parents use to do. We do this using all natural ingredients, like farm raised beef, hormone and antibiotic free beef, free range chicken, humanely raised veal not milk fed. We strive for perfection in our service as well. Come in and try the best sauce in Rhode Island.
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I guess my expectations were off. New owners, new concept which I was unaware of. That aside, the restaurant seem to be trying for the upscale, and it misses the mark in most areas. All in all I get a much better value and quality of food at Luigi's

11  Thank DondoRI
Greg S, Owner at Pat's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

New owner as of 2007' not trying to be upscale at all.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We go to Pat's alot. The food is decent, good portions and good specials. However, the owner is really not very nice. He acts as the greeter sometimes. He makes you feel like you're a guest that should have skipped this party. Restaurants survive because they can provide the whole package - good food and good service. He should take a cue from his waitstaff. Every one that we've had has been excellent. He may also want to upgrade his attire. Jeans don't cut it for the owner. This is not a diner.

9  Thank RhodeIslandRain
Greg S, Owner at Pat's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

If I'm the greeter it is probably because the hostess is not in, I don't really shine at that position, I am a bit awkward around people. I don't judge people by how they are dressed and neither should you.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have been going to Pat’s since I was a kid and this place never disappoints. Simply put, Pat’s is the best Italian food in the state at a very reasonable price. A family of 3 can easily eat for about $50 with appetizers and drinks. Pat’s tomato basil sauce is like nothing you have ever had and is simply addicting. The wait staff is always friendly and fast.

3  Thank rgasman401

Thank you for the kind words.