“Great meal, and great hospitality”

Simpatico Jamestown
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Simpatico is a dynamic fusion of fun, food + ambiance. Enjoy the bounty of fresh, quality ingredients re-thought in approachable, easy dishes that have won accolades from Gail Ciampa (Providence Journal), Yankee Magazine and Newport Life's readers. With convertible dining rooms on every level, outdoor splendor comes alive in our gardens, and indoor luxuries commonplace among beautiful natural settings. Our guests delight in our breezy, tree-filled oasis on a picturesque, island get-away.
Reviewed December 19, 2017

We've been going to Jamestown for a few years, but this was the first chance we had to try out Simpatico. We were there on a Saturday night, and generally they are so busy you can't even get in, but this time we made it!

We had a large party, and they were able to accommodate us well.

We ha curry mussels to start -- which were a great hit for the table. We also had a couple of orders of Ravioli, and a chowder, as well as an order of shrimp.

There was plenty of food for everybody, and the bill was very reasonable, even including a couple of drinks.

We'll hit this place again!

1  Thank F9713OQwalterc

Reviewed October 10, 2017

We have dined around the world and ambience places this in out top 10. Our table was out on the patio directly under the giant tree. Sun set and lights came on wrapped through patio rafters and strung from branches. Food was good all around, but the pasta arrabiata just needs to be a little angrier. Espresso martini for the wife was enjoyed. Table server was awesome, from answering when the place opened an hour early to the banter at the table. Left a great tip for a job well done. And we will be back for our next trip to Newport.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

Enjoyed a nice casual dinner with family and friends. Lovely convenient spot in center of Jamestown!

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

In town for the Newport marathon, went out to dinner with friends for a carb load. They suggested Simpatico because they said it was the best bolognese they had ever had. The restaurant is beautiful -multi level outside lights it was like Key West , and I would go back again just for that. I had the beet salad which was wonderful, but the penne arrabiata was not great. It was too sweet and didn’t have the bite it should have. The wait staff was friendly, the atmosphere fantastic, I would still go back but try something different.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I have been to Simpatico Jamestown a few times now over the past few years and have had great experiences. Overall the food and service are good and the setting is amazing. The prices are fair for Jamestown/Newport and the value for food quality isn't too bad.
Simpatico does not take reservations and in the past I've waited 20-30mins for a table (Great excuse to sit at the bar and get pre-dinner drinks on a summer evening) Luckily this visit, we went on a rainy Thursday night in Sept. and had no wait. The service was very friendly and our waitress was very personable.
Starters: Ordered a bottle of Mark West Pinot Noir (it's one of our favorites and affordable here). We ordered the Curry mussels for an app. I loved the mussels, cooked perfectly and the curry sauce was amazing. I just wish there was more sauce! Also the bowl it was served in was square and made getting sauce/mussels at the bottom difficult. It was just strange and this was the first time I had to say something in a review about the plating.
Entrees: I was disappointed to see they had already switched to the fall menu as I was really hoping they would have the swordfish from their website menu (I'm still living in summer mode). My girlfriend on the other hand was very happy and ordered the Butternut squash ravioli. Instead of a traditional rich creamy dish it was a fresh lighter take on ravioli that we both loved. Very flavorful. My dish was the Shrimp Paella. The spice from the chourico made the entire dish. Large shrimp were cooked perfectly but unfortunately had little flavor. They need to be seasoned or cooked with the sausage before adding in. For me this was less of a traditional paella, more of a basic rice and shrimp dish. It was good, not great.
Dessert: The couple next to us ordered the Chocolate Sushi and naturally as sushi lovers we had to try it too. Very interesting and fun dessert! It was too sweet for us, but I'd recommend this just to try it. We want to go back and try the Lavender Brulee
Overall, I love Simpatico and will continue to go back for the overall atmosphere and consistent good quality food. If you are in Jamestown/Newport I recommend this for dates and outdoor dining.

1  Thank Justin P