“excellent food, lovely venue”

Simpatico Jamestown
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Simpatico is a dynamic fusion of fun, food + ambiance. Enjoy the bounty of fresh, quality ingredients re-thought in approachable, easy dishes that have won accolades from Gail Ciampa (Providence Journal), Yankee Magazine and Newport Life's readers. With convertible dining rooms on every level, outdoor splendor comes alive in our gardens, and indoor luxuries commonplace among beautiful natural settings. Our guests delight in our breezy, tree-filled oasis on a picturesque, island get-away.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were towed into Jamestown marina after experiencing engine trouble on our sailboat in August. Just a short walk up the street from the marina we found Trattoria Simpatico, looked at the menu and the very attractive setting and decided to try it. The food was delicious. My husband is a duck fan and they had a great duck entree. I like seafood and had the mussels which were perfectly done. We sat at a little table under a vine-covered arbor with a small jazz group playing and it was lovely. It was a perfect ending for an otherwise awful day. We live in RI and a few weeks later tried to go back but were disappointed to find it's not open for lunch.

1  Thank FMH-43

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Ate here while staying with some friends in Jamestown. I had the fettuccini carbonara, and it was very good. Also tasted the margherita pizza from another person at my table. The pizza was delicious. Also the bread they brought out beforehand was unbelieveably tasty.

1  Thank Cneiss
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stopped here by chance after giving up on fighting the crowds and lack of parking in Newport. The food was divine, great service, nice live music and just a great setting to have a nice dinner. We are already planning to return and meet folks there halfway.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I went here last night for a birthday dinner and we loved it! I am glad I made reservations outside, because even though it was a Tuesday night the place was busy. I could tell the waitress was very busy so the service wasn't fast at all, but we were in the mood for a long relaxing meal so that wasn't a problem. The food was excellent as well, with fresh ingredients and lots of flavor. We'll definitely go again! (I would not recommend this for a family with kids...)

1  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Ask to be seated outside when making reservations. Wonderful atmosphere wonderful food great service. The bread is to die for. SUNDAYS in season they have great jazz entertainment

1  Thank PSalemSutton